Restless Body/Internal Shaking At Night

[do...]

Hi buddies

There has to be some solution to this restless, internal shaking that ONLY happens when I try and fall asleep. It's like clockwork.

Every night I go to bed, I'm exhausted, I'm falling asleep... and..... then I start getting this restless, itchy, shaky feeling everywhere.

What is this? Why does it only come when I want to sleep? There has to be a fix for this. I'm 5 years off benzos and totally fed up that I still can't sleep without shaking for hours first.

What gives????  :'(

Injured central nervous system.  Sometimes we need to do things to help an injury to heal.  Some injuries do not heal without help.  I do not advocate for any pharmaceuticals.  I take PM - amino acids prescribed by the naturopath.  They promote sleep and calm.  Also, anything you do in the evening that revs you up, stop.  Not forever.  But until you get this under control.  No blue screens, no violent or weird tv, no caffeine etc.

[81...]

Is this your only symptom left? What if you have restless leg syndrome from your antidepressant?

This is a great observation. Antidepressants are insanely activating drugs, what was supposed to be a sedating antidepressant gave me myclonus.

Is this your only symptom left? What if you have restless leg syndrome from your antidepressant?

No, I wish  :-\

Healing is happening, but it's super slow still. I'm still exhausted all the time and in pain from time to time. My guts are still a mess (but that's probably from finding out I also had celiac disease during this benzo nightmare).

The more I physically do in the run of a day (like walking and housework) the worse I shake at night.

Of course, I still get mental symptoms from times to time but I can live with those. I just want my physical health back. For me, from the very beginning, it's been my physical health that was hit the hardest (pain, exhaustion, weakness, nausea). If only I could work out again, I'd be very happy and I'd be much healthier.

I hope others are healing faster than myself. You're all incredibly strong for going through this unhuman condition.