Does Chemotherapy affect Benzo Withdrawal

[Sp...]

[1b...]
I imagine that both will compromise your short-term health, but may greatly benefit your long-term health.  It's one of those tough decisions a lot of us must make during our lives.  I'd honestly trust your oncologists more than this forum.

Thank you so much Badsocref, for your kind opinion,  but I do want the opinion of the Benzo Buddies Forum as a lot of the medical community don't acknowledge Benzo Withdrawal.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know none of the chemotherapeutic agents significantly interferes with benzo receptors. So i don't think your withdrawal process will be affected.

At the same time, chemotherapeutics can have central nervous system side, gastrointestinal, etc. side effects.

Overall, I wouldn't worry too much.

Do not know your CA history and would not dream of advising anyone about whether to take it or not, but here is some data you asked about.

There is a syndrome called "chemo brain" that affects those receiving the drugs. Many memory and cognitive function problems. People complain of being in a dream-like or half-awake state. It seems to last months to years. If you query it, there will be multiple medical sites that pop up with commentary.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chemo-brain/symptoms-causes/syc-20351060

There is a fluoroquinolone site that compares getting flexed to chemo brain:

https://www.myquinstory.info/is-fluoroquinolone-brain-fog-actually-chemobrain/

In floxxing, the brain's mitochondria are impaired.  The recommendations of supplements for both are similar.

Hope that is helpful.

Research the specific type of chemo they wish to give you. They are not all the same.

And for what its worth, not all people respond the same to chemo. My Dad just survived having chemo for hodgkins lymphoma and is now cancer free.

Weirdly he never lost his hair, his nausea was very mild. He had some inappetite and slept a lot. He did take some opiates during it bc of where the tumors were he had pain.

But now he doesn't take the opiates and is done chemo. His brain is as sharp as it was before treatment.

So yes its prudent to take benzo recovery into consideration, but please know you may be like my Dad and have weirdly good odds in your favor - I pray this is so. :smitten: