Need Some Advice PLease!!!!

[Za...]

Hi, I have used diazepam since 2018 for about year, then tapered and stopped for whole of 2019. In beginning of 2020 my anxiety worsen and I decided to use diazepam again but only occasionally maybe couple of times a month, then maybe none at all for a couple of months but I still use it on and off. I recently started feeling really emotional for no reason, like I want to cry all the time (dont actually cry) just the sensation. Could it be that I built up tolerance and maybe sign of withdrawal even though I only use se infrequently....since emotional feeling all the time is really exhausting..

I hope somebody can please help me

thank you

Hi no I dont think so, I do feel slightly anxious maybe...strange never felt like this before..really emotional for no reason....thought I was getting better

Do you think your emotional response it tied directly to your Diazepam dose?  I'm wondering if it could be something else, what I mean is I've been benzo free for many years and I'm experiencing a great deal of melancholy, pretty sure it's related to the state of the world right now. 

I wonder too if it might be hormonal, those can make us emotional.  Is there a particular trigger that will set off these feelings? 

Hi,

No nothing at all, just have that feeling in your throat when you want to cry but never do..feel it all tge time from the time i wake up to when I go to bed..no triggers..

Thank you so much for trying to help.

I know that feeling, thanks for mentioning it, it's very uncomfortable.  Do you sorrow or sadness or is the physical sensation the most prominent?

Hi its the physical sensation that I could cry any min...maybe I feel better if I do but I cant....almost like a sneeze or yawn that is there but just don't want to come........

You have a wonderful way of helping me understand what you're feeling, I know exactly the frustration associated with not being able to follow through with a sneeze or a yawn.  I couldn't yawn when I was recovering from this and I wanted to so desperately, I take great comfort in being able to even now after all of these years.

Do you think part of this could be how benzo's affect our muscles, could it be your throat muscles are involved, we know they're great muscle relaxers.

Is there any way you could live your life without taking anymore Diazepam, even if it's not the culprit, just worrying it may be could cause you stress and stress in the number one contributor to increased symptoms.