Best diet or natural methods for lowering glutamate while tapering benzos?

[fu...]

I am almost sure that the mental exhaustion and stress I feel when I work in a normal rhythm is related to high glutamate.

How can I lower glutamate in natural ways? Any diet recommended? Is cardio a tricky thing to try?

• 1 month later...

KETO DIET and Intermittent Fasting helps me.  Been on it years and it does help a lot.

Dr. Berg on youtube can explain if you are interested starting as a beginner. 

KETO DIET and Intermittent Fasting helps me.  Been on it years and it does help a lot.

Dr. Berg on youtube can explain if you are interested starting as a beginner.

I agree and am currently doing both. 

[f6...]

A good cardio workout can help, but you have to build up to it slowly.  The theory is to do >60 minutes of moderate exercise early in the day.  The workout depletes a bunch of 'stuff' in your body.  You end up spending most of the day in a keto state but you don't have to do a restrictive keto diet.

I tried it a few years ago - I would bike 15-18 miles in the morning and I felt a lot calmer throughout the day.  Also lost a little weight and got into much better shape.

A good cardio workout can help, but you have to build up to it slowly.  The theory is to do >60 minutes of moderate exercise early in the day.  The workout depletes a bunch of 'stuff' in your body.  You end up spending most of the day in a keto state but you don't have to do a restrictive keto diet.

I tried it a few years ago - I would bike 15-18 miles in the morning and I felt a lot calmer throughout the day.  Also lost a little weight and got into much better shape.

What is considered moderate? What is an acceptable upper limite for the HR when doing it? I will embrace your suggestion before trying a very different diet. Thank you!

[f6...]

What is considered moderate? What is an acceptable upper limite for the HR when doing it? I will embrace your suggestion before trying a very different diet. Thank you!

I'm no expert in this, but I'd say it's more than walking.  From what I've read the activity needs to be sustained for at least an hour, so the pace would be whatever you feel you could sustain for 60+ minutes.  I biked at 12-15 mph (19-23 kph) most of the time.  My pulse/breathing were up a bit, but I could still talk reasonably comfortably.  I was physically tired at the end.