Nutrient Effects on the Nervous System PLEASE READ!!!

[be...]

Hello Everyone!

I ran across this information on what vitamins and minerals in foods that stimulate the CNS.  It maybe helpful to those whose sx's are reved up after they eat.

It is set up in easy format to read for us who has drain bamage.  :)

Best Wishes to all!

Tamra

Hello Everyone!

I just ran across this information printed by a valid Nutritional organization.  Not an Ad.

It List symptoms of a Disturbed CNS, what Vitamins to take, what to avoid, and how to get them from a natural food source!

All in a easy format for us drain bamaged folks!  :)

What I found exciting is that the sx's they mentioned were basically all the one we have!!!!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE CHECK IT OUT IF YOUR SX'S ARE REV'D UP BY FOOD OR QUESTIONING WHAT TO EAT!

You won't be dissapointed I promise!

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/nutr2.html

Best Wishes to you all!

Tamra

Hi believe,

I've merged your two posts and moved them to Chewing the Fat because this sounds like a fascinating topic which will stimulate much discussion.  ;)

Pam

Pam,

Is there a way to remove the first and third post to clean it up?

Still, confused why this could not be in recovery or suppliment?  I think it answers alot of food questions that people have.

Thanks,

Tamra

Still, confused why this could not be in recovery or suppliment?  I think it answers alot of food questions that people have.

Thanks,

Tamra

It doesn't directly tackle food questions as it relates to compounds and not the foods themselves.

A food high in any of the listed compounds will have many other components that could be responsible for any of the aggravations in a person's CNS.  I'm know you mean well but we can't claim that it answers questions people have about food.  It is an interesting comprehensive list of vitamins, minerals and the effect they have on the human body.  There is no way that anyone can know how the foods they eat affect their vitamin levels without have serum/tissue samples tested.

As has been mentioned previously (I think by Gman???) just the notion that something can "flare" symptoms can indeed cause a person to feel it.  Just as placebos are almost as effective as anti-depressants for mild "illnesses" the reverse is true. Someone claiming something can have a negative effect can cause others to perceive that negative effect when there is in  fact none.

I'm glad that I have eaten at least one food out of every category in that list (no lead or cadmium though) in the last few days. 

Hi Tamra,

I can see there has already been some interesting discussion about your post, that's why I chose to move it to Chewing the Fat.  The post guidelines for this board are:  For non-support orientated benzodiazepine discussions. Perhaps you have a pet theory or personal experience you would like to share, or would like to discuss the state of benzodiazepine research.

In my opinion, what you've have is a theory, and while it could be true, it's not necessarily been proven in regard to benzodiazepine withdrawal.

I wish people wouldn't get so upset when we move posts to this board, it's a good place to discuss these things.  :(

James,

I agree that sx's can be increased by a multiple of sources.  Including no reason at all.

But I do think that it is helpful to those who maybe supplementing their diet to much or too little in an area whether via supplements, or food.

The information is certainly valid.  It comes from the govt. educational site on neurobiology esp. brain and CNS, so I don't question the credibility of the source.

The page before this states that it is a balance that is important when talking nutrition.  When it is not balanced these sx's occur and sometimes disease.

Found it particularly interesting that the sx of , Visual problems: burning, itching of the eyes, sensitivity to light; burning sensations around the mouth; peripheral nerve damage is caused by a deficiency of V2.  I know that many have mentioned that they were low on B vit, and are intentionally avoiding B in diet. In doing this it maybe causing more damage than good.

This only only one example of sx's that are familiar to benzo withdrawal.  I know that benzo usage depletes vitamins.  Maybe this is why some people have different sx's as well as none as all.  It all boils down to depletion or overabundance.  Just a guess of course.  But a reasonable one.

Anyway, I'm putting the info out there for anyone use if they so wish.

Best Wishes,

Tamra

But I do think that it is helpful to those who maybe supplementing their diet to much or too little in an area whether via supplements, or food.

The page before this states that it is a balance that is important when talking nutrition.  When it is not balanced these sx's occur and sometimes disease.

I wholeheartedly agree, that is why I am an advocate of healthy eating (read: balanced diet) and am against supplements in all but medically necessary instances.

Found it particularly interesting that the sx of , Visual problems: burning, itching of the eyes, sensitivity to light; burning sensations around the mouth; peripheral nerve damage is caused by a deficiency of V2.  I know that many have mentioned that they were low on B vit, and are intentionally avoiding B in diet. In doing this it maybe causing more damage than good.

I find it crazy that people will intentionally cut out part of a balanced diet, restrict diets to 4 or 5 foods, pay $100s for untested unproven snake oils supplements that offer no benefit over food.  Maybe I am crazy but I defy anyone to point out the benefits of the aforementioned over a balanced diet and exercise.

This only only one example of sx's that are familiar to benzo withdrawal.  I know that benzo usage depletes vitamins.  Maybe this is why some people have different sx's as well as none as all.  It all boils down to depletion or overabundance.  Just a guess of course.  But a reasonable one.

Anyway, I'm putting the info out there for anyone use if they so wish.

Best Wishes,

Tamra

Pam,

I am not upset at all.  Just was confused.  I can see what your train of thought is now.

Never thought or stated that I was a cure for wd, but only interesting information that is valid in its own context of neurobiology of the CNS.  

Thought it may be helpful to those who are trying to make dietary choices to control sx's. or having flare ups after eating.

You have to admit that it is interesting that the sx's they mention are similar to those of benzo withdrawal. :)

Tamra

The information is certainly valid.  It comes from the govt. educational site on neurobiology esp. brain and CNS, so I don't question the credibility of the source.

Hi Tamra. Thanks for the post.  I would always question the government as a source.  Don't forget it was the government for years that told us that diabetics could consume huge servings of carbohydrates which greatly worsened their condition.  Also the notion that simply eating less cholesterol in meat and eggs in diet while eating low or non fat foods would decrease heart disease and/or obesity is foolish.  Of course, we now know the culprit is excess carboyhdrate consumption which turns to sugar and then fat. Many so called low or non fat foods have more sugar in them which turns to fat, thus increasing heart disease risk and other disease processes.  Also, it seems it is the government that is letting big pharma and doctors run wild with overprescribing our children ritalin, antidepressants... and lets not forget the lack of action regarding benzo use. Also, many government studies have denied connection of vaccines to Autism.  While they still won't fully admit the connection, studies are coming out that link learning problems and other disabilities with vaccines.  I'd take everything with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to the government.

Cheers,

Vertigo (no more)