20 Minute Guided Meditation for Reducing Anxiety and Stress--Clear the Clutter

[Wa...]

I can personally attest to the power of guided meditation to reduce anxiety and stress. I can understand how some people might be put off for the smallest reason. For example, in the video you linked, the voice is calm and without emotion but almost to the point of sounding robotic and fake. This was my initial reaction when I heard Sarah Raymond's voice in a different audio track.

My advice to anybody who is curious but not feeling it is to try your best to let go of any preconceived ideas. If something is putting you off, try to find a way around it rather than dismissing the idea altogether. If you start with the goal of just putting 20 mins aside each day to listen to a guided meditation, and just do it without thinking too much about the outcome, you will soon find that it helps without even feeling like you had to try. That's kind of the point. From there, you might want to look at refining the process and truly understanding the discipline.

When you first start, it's normal to just feel like all you're doing is sitting in silence. If you feel that, then you can be reassured that you're on the right track.