Do I need reinstaintment?

[Ar...]

Reinstatement initially helped me. If I had not got other horrific symptoms when I reinstated I would have stayed on then.

I just heard about another person who had horrific muscle symptoms who is suddenly much better at 3.5 years off.

She was living lying  on floor in diapers and all has now is some low back pain and few other things.

I can only find Amantadine as a possible treatment for your condition. Is this simething you ever tried, or would consider trying? Interestingly it is an NMDA antagonist like Mementine, which I am going to start using tomorrow, to (hopefully) ease withdrawal symptoms. Amantadine is also a nicotinic antagonist and dopamine agonist.

Only other thing I can think of is Baclofen. But maybe you've tried that already.

Is it possible that you have a permanent problem with glutamate excitotoxicity causing all this? NMDA antagonists would address this. If I had to pick, I would go with Mementine first, since I don't know if you meed a nicotinic antagonist and dopamine agonist.

I wish I had a solution, you've been suffering needlessly for so long. Would reinstatement fix the problem, or would it just make things worse? You have a tough decision to make.

Yeah, me personally....I didn't want to reinstate the very drugs that caused my neuro issues. I opted for something different.

I agree with others, if I was gonna try another med I would work with a neurologist that is really going to be careful with you.

And whatever I tried....I tried it VERY small and VERY slow.

You may even be able to try medical marijuana for it. My neuro tried me on it for the nerve pain. He tried anything he could before giving me more hardcore drugs. He was very careful with me, always telling me he didn't want to harm me the way all the other docs had.

Might take you a while to find a good one. But honestly, in your current state (which was similar to mine) I would NOT stop until I found a good doc and some form of treatment, because the pain is just not sustainable.

Do not give up!!!

4mom wrote:

I heard others experience about marijuana, horrible and will not touch it.

I've seen little evidence of help from MJ or CBD products. Seeems more people have problems than anything.

• 4 months later...

Hi there, it’s been a while since anyone spoke on this topic just thought I’d try...

Anyone tried Amantadine? Any feedback would be appreciated... I have severe Akathesia.

Thanks

Arnold,  Can you add to your profile so we have more info.  Like what did you CT? Which meds?  How much? 

Can just benzos cause TD. 

I was on x (.5) or only two months and CT (not knowing).  I had severe muscle tension and akathesia and reinstated to taper off Diazapam within a few weeks.  As I taper the Diazapam, I still have muscle tension. 

I'm wondering if the benzo caused this for you or if you were on other meds too and CT?  Let us know and put it in your profile so that we can assist you with your question better.