Sore throat

[Mi...]

I read a post the other day from another member mentioning this, do you have a dry mouth and perhaps that's part of it?

How are you, I was thinking about you the other day, did you go back on Xanax?

I only took it on monday to get rid of the alcohol withdrawal,  but I now see that my body cannot handle benzos at all.  Only took 2.5 mgs once and withdrawaling for 2 days now,  not from the alcohol. 

You're right, your body can't handle it anymore, the combination of alcohol and benzo use has left you compromised, kindling is definitely in play here.  I hope you can get rid of what you have and stay away from it.

People like us, we break the rules and get away with a lot of stuff for a long time until we no longer can and we're forced to finally change.  I think you're there Michelle, I'm sorry.

Yeah I think I've pushed to to hard for too long..15 years chronic alcohol and benzo abuse. My fault I know.  Thought I could handle benzos for a 1 time use only if needed and I can't.  The alcohol has been a hard one for me to break,  sad to say.  I withdraw even after 1 time benzo use, pretty sad.

I'm saving your reply so that I can look at it next time I want to use/drink. Maybe it'll help change my mind. You've helped me so much. 

I'm saving your reply so that I can look at it next time I want to use/drink. Maybe it'll help change my mind. You've helped me so much.

I wish you'd come around more often Michelle, any kind of support is important and while those in AA don't understand benzo's and how much they hurt, we do.  We have quite a few recovering alcoholics so maybe you could develop a specific support group of members here, I know of one member attends an online AA meeting they find helpful.

I don't know if I'm kindled because I haven't tested it.  I quit drinking 8 years before I started taking benzo's and z drugs and have only quit taking them once, but I sure don't want to find out.

I'd suggest starting a thread with the topic you'd like to discuss in the subject title or there are a couple of threads in support groups that were started awhile ago that we could resurrect.  I could join in and send messages to some members to see if they'd be interested in joining the conversation.  Let me know what you'd like to do and I'll do everything I can to help you succeed. 

Here are a couple of threads in support groups.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=231570.0

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=177154.0

Okay I will do that.  Just going to write... Anyone else struggle with alcohol and benzos? not necessarily at the same time, just throughout your life?