8 weeks and one day!

[1a...]

[1a...]

Hello friends! I am 8 weeks and one day out and things get better every day.

Symptoms that have improved: palpitations are almost gone, anxiety is rare and present only in the middle of the night and early morning - manageable (used to be all day), nausea gone, hot flashes gone (these were benzo not hormone), restlessness gone

Symptoms that I'm working on: still waking 3-4 times at night and sleeping 5-6 hours, some anxiety at night and morning, some obsessive worries (but improving), occasional intrusive thoughts but not much, still not really going out of the house as it feels overstimulating (did go out a few hours yesterday to check out a little camper and do a few errands with hubbie), still only walking - no intense workouts yet

Things that have helped the most so far: meditation, acceptance, positive attitude and affirmations throughout the day, staying occupied once I could concentrate (knitting, making things out of polymer clay, coloring, learning to play guitar), singing and dancing spontaneously (haha), smiling. I do take supplements but these are pretty individual so I won't go into them, and for me personally, the Fisher Wallace / Circadia has been essential. I try to eat well - fruits, veg, adequate protein. I also took a temporary leave from work for a few weeks to allow myself to heal under less pressure, but I am working online again now. I use methods that were developed for people with anxiety using the book Dare. Not everything is appropriate (such as exposure), but a lot is really useful.

I am checking in only weekly at this point for my sanity! I hope to post more encouragement soon!

You give me hope.  My last day on Lorazepam was Nov. 26th.  Today is day six benzo free.  Although I'm having a rough day, I'm so happy to be done.  It's one day at a time now until I have full healing. Ginger

Fluffernutter:

It sounds like you are doing amazing!!

Congrats!

If you can do all those things, you're well on your way.

The brain loves to do things that involve learning something new or a craft like knitting etc.

Please come back and tell us how you're doing!!

I wish you the best!!

WinnieDog

Congratulations!  Yes, you are making good progress.  The sleep aspect was key to my recovery.  As the weeks went on, my sleep gradually improved and this helped keep me calm.

Keep at it, before you know it, several months will have gone by.  I just hit 10 months today!

Hello friends! I am 8 weeks and one day out and things get better every day.

Symptoms that have improved: palpitations are almost gone, anxiety is rare and present only in the middle of the night and early morning - manageable (used to be all day), nausea gone, hot flashes gone (these were benzo not hormone), restlessness gone

Symptoms that I'm working on: still waking 3-4 times at night and sleeping 5-6 hours, some anxiety at night and morning, some obsessive worries (but improving), occasional intrusive thoughts but not much, still not really going out of the house as it feels overstimulating (did go out a few hours yesterday to check out a little camper and do a few errands with hubbie), still only walking - no intense workouts yet

Things that have helped the most so far: meditation, acceptance, positive attitude and affirmations throughout the day, staying occupied once I could concentrate (knitting, making things out of polymer clay, coloring, learning to play guitar), singing and dancing spontaneously (haha), smiling. I do take supplements but these are pretty individual so I won't go into them, and for me personally, the Fisher Wallace / Circadia has been essential. I try to eat well - fruits, veg, adequate protein. I also took a temporary leave from work for a few weeks to allow myself to heal under less pressure, but I am working online again now. I use methods that were developed for people with anxiety using the book Dare. Not everything is appropriate (such as exposure), but a lot is really useful.

I am checking in only weekly at this point for my sanity! I hope to post more encouragement soon!

Congratulations Fluffernutter123! Sounds like you are making great progress already. Creativity is a wonderful source of well-being and tranquility, so keep up all those arts that you are pursuing. 😊👍 They pay long-term dividends.