Scared of having a Setback

[Ry...]

Hey everyone. I am just over 2 months off a rapid taper from xanax after an adverse reaction to ssri’s. I am slowly healing althought still dealing with very scary physical symptoms at times. I am terrified because I have surgery to remove all 4 of my wisdom teeth tomorrow. I do not want to lose all of my progress and go back into acute from the nitrous or novacaine. I am scared to even take the pain pill but I’m such a wimp when it comes to this kinda stuff. I was starting to eat extremely healthy and get my life in check but now my anxiety has sent me into a wave. I feel like rhe right side of my body has so much nerve damage I get numbness and sometimes tiny electrical jolts but this has made it a lot worse for me. I cannot fall back asleep. I just need some reassurance that everything is going to be okay I do not want to be sick like this forever. My life is so much different now. It’s scary. The surgery is in about 5 hours.

Good luck with the surgery.

Nitrous shouldnt cause any problems and novacaine affects everyone differently. I've been to the dentist a lot lately and I'm still in withdrawal. I was expecting the worst with the numbing shots but I was fine.

I ask my dentist to use carbocaine instead of novacaine and it does not rev me up. Hope everything works out fine. Try to relax if you can.

PG

Your stress facing the surgery will effect you far more than the medications you'll be taking for it, it's your worst enemy right now so do what you can to minimize it.  Stress is the number one contributor to increased symptoms and you have the power to push back on it so I hope you will.

Pam is so right ^^^

I kept relating all my symptoms to food. Then I realized the symptoms appeared because I was freaking out about the food. When I stopped worrying, it didn’t happen anymore.

I think you guys are absolutely right. Surgery went well taking 800 ibuprofens for a week and amoxicillin was given to me nervous about that but I’ll probably be fine. I think I spend to much time observing the most severe stories. The sad part is the pain I went through for surgery is nothing like the pain I went through in antidepressant withdrawal or benzo withdrawal. Everyones like wow you have a huge pain tolerance. 😂

Physical pain without the mental torture we go through in benzo withdrawal is manageable.  Just think how well you'll be able to handle the ups and downs of life when you're recovered from this, what you used to find stressful will just be a blip compared to what you've endured.

I'm glad the surgery is behind you.