Not sure what is happening and I don’t trust my Dr.

[Sc...]

Hello everyone! I need to know what I’m doing wrong! Sept 11 2020 I started taking 10 mgs of diazepam. It took about 10 days for me to feel better. I started reducing the amounts and now I’m at 7.5mgs last month I took amoxicillin for 3 days and had major withdrawals. So I stopped them and it took me about a week to feel better. But in the the last 3 weeks I’ve had nightmares, broken sleep, anxiety and other withdrawal sx. I only take the diazepam at night because it made me too drowsy during the day. Now I feel like I’m having a paradoxical reaction to it. I take it 4 hours before bedtime. When I lie down I start burning, have inner body tremors, teeth hurt and get too hot or too cold! What could this be? I want to cut but I’m so scared!

Hello everyone! I need to know what I’m doing wrong! Sept 11 2020 I started taking 10 mgs of diazepam. It took about 10 days for me to feel better. I started reducing the amounts and now I’m at 7.5mgs last month I took amoxicillin for 3 days and had major withdrawals. So I stopped them and it took me about a week to feel better. But in the the last 3 weeks I’ve had nightmares, broken sleep, anxiety and other withdrawal sx. I only take the diazepam at night because it made me too drowsy during the day. Now I feel like I’m having a paradoxical reaction to it. I take it 4 hours before bedtime. When I lie down I start burning, have inner body tremors, teeth hurt and get too hot or too cold! What could this be? I want to cut but I’m so scared!

I am confused. Did you finish taking all the amoxicillin pills your doc prescribed you? You have to take them all to clear the infection or that will get worse. What was your benzo reduction schedule? diazepam has the longest half-life of all the benzos so it will take longer to get out of your system.

No I did not finish them. I have dental issues but I can deal with that pain, for now, rather than the WD. I broke a half of a pill into 4 pieces then took 3 of the pieces for 3 weeks then 2 pieces, then 1 piece. So I was taking 9.375, 8.75, 8.125 and now at 7.5. Maybe too fast? I just want to get more stable. I’ve gone through so many WD from other psych meds since 2018. I need to be med free! Thank you for replying.

I was on 10 mgs of diazepam since September 11 2020. But was originally on Ativan and started having withdrawals from them.

1) Sounds like you tapered too fast

2) Amoxicillin is Penicillin. It is used to treat infections. You have to finish it all and not stop or the infection gets worse. What infection do you have? Call your doctor and tell them you stopped you penicillin and see how they want to fix that mess. The reason your dentist gave you that is because whatever the dentist did stirred up a lot of bacteria or you have an infection. either will make you feel sick and get worse if you don't kill it with penicillin. My father is a dentist.

3) you generally have to taper from one benzo to another benzo or you are going to have withdrawal issues. You can't just switch like that and expect everything to to peachy.

If it were me, I would have taken your whole course of antibiotics. But, what you are describing is similar to the withdrawals that I routinely go through. I’m also sensitive to medication so if I have to take something like antibiotics, I just hold my benzo dose until I feel stable again.

I was on 10 mgs of diazepam since September 11 2020. But was originally on Ativan and started having withdrawals from them.

Mistakes:

1) Sounds like you tapered too fast

2) Amoxicillin is Penicillin. It is used to treat infections. You have to finish it all and not stop or the infection gets worse. What infection do you have? Call your doctor and tell them you stopped you penicillin and see how they want to fix that mess.

3) you generally have to taper from one benzo to another benzo or you are going to have withdrawal issues. You can't just switch like that and expect everything to to peachy.

I understand about the antibiotics. I called my dentist and he said it was ok. If you read my signature, my 1st psychiatrist told me to ct then my new psychiatrist told me to completely stop Ativan and get on diazepam. He wants me to finish my taper with in a year. I told both psychiatrists about the Ashton manual but they didn’t want to hear it. He wants me to reduce 10% a month. For now, he’s the only one that wanted to get me stable without any other psych meds. I have to listen to him because I get blood tests monthly due to low iron and needing iron infusions. He has access to all of my tests through my other Drs. I’m just afraid I’ve gone paradoxical or is this a cut symptom. My last cut was about 2 weeks ago.