Am I going insane?

[72...]

[72...]

Hi BBs,

I am still so sick (mostly mental).  I feel so strange, my identity is lost, gosh this withdrawal has really bitten me today.

I feel like I am a horrible person with an unforgivable past (yes, my past character is pretty awful).  My nerves burn most days, today more so.

Does anyone else feel like they have lost their minds?  Their whole being...?  I feel completely void of anything positive...

I am so tired of living with these horrible intrusive thoughts about my past, I cannot change who I was I can only change who I become...why am I struggling to accept that and feel so broken...so stuck...

Oh gosh this is so bad.

❤️

Fiercey

I had something like this. Flooding memories, life review. I couldn't think a positive thought. I will get better. Things seem worse than they really are. Self compassion excetcises help.

Everything you're thinking and feeling is a result of the drug withdrawal, these thoughts and feelings are symptoms, they aren't you.  When they come, push them away and tell yourself you won't be controlled by a stupid symptom from a stupid pill.  When I was faced with these thoughts and the overwhelming fear this process produces I pushed them away, denying them power. 

You are not who these thoughts are trying to make you believe you are and when you recover, these thoughts will fade away.  Please don't give into the pain the drug withdrawal is forcing on you, you have value and worth.  :smitten:

[72...]

Pamster ❤️🙏❤️

Oh my gosh you are so amazing.  Thank you for posting the nicest things.  I remember a time when I would recognize myself in the present and the future.  I long to feel that confidence again, I love you saying “stupid pills,” yes they totally are stupid!  😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

Thanks again for the support, not sure where I’d be without validation from my BBs.

Love and Prayers,

Fiercey

Yes I have been sleeping 6 straight hours with no interruptions.  It is beautiful to finally be able to sleep.

Wow, this is great!

You are NOT going insane. The simple fact that you raise the question of your sanity means you are not going insane. Truly insane people cannot do that, they are just not in touch with reality enough.  Believe me, benzo withdrawal symptoms do a lot that can mimic insanity, I have been there.  Some of the symptoms I have had on my benzo journey were unbelievably strange.  Just take care, try to take one day at a time.  Things get better!