PDoc says stop the Magnesium and Probiotic!

[Ga...]

Have had a recent flare up of head symptoms and benzo flu, and my doctor says that my recent add on of magnesium and a probiotic may have caused the flare.  I am to only take my prescription Vitamin D and Vitamin C.  He does believe the best way out of this benzo withdrawal is to take a minimal amount of supplements.  It does seem like the burning in my head has gotten worse since I started taking the magnesium!  Time will tell :laugh:  Here’s to healing :smitten:

Yes, I feel very fortunate to have a wonderful doctor of Chinese descent.  Firm believer in meditation, yoga, tai chi, and healthy eating.  When I first jumped from Valium, I had an awful anxiety attack.  My hubby called him and he told him to bring me in.  He actually put some calming music on his phone and meditated with me until I callmed down.  He is very supportive of me in my withdrawal journey, as is his PA.  Sending healing thoughts to each of you in your recoveries :smitten:

You are blessed!!!

Sounds like my Naturopath, who is also Chinese and trained in Chinese medicine.

She tried acupuncture on me and gave me a ton of supplements to try, however, I reacted to them all.

She tried her best, I could use her help now, but it's just too expensive and far.

I need to keep taking the probiotic for histamine issues and it's the only way I keep regular.....

So happy that you are on a good path and have such a supportive smart dr.

Yes, I feel very fortunate to have a wonderful doctor of Chinese descent.  Firm believer in meditation, yoga, tai chi, and healthy eating.  When I first jumped from Valium, I had an awful anxiety attack.  My hubby called him and he told him to bring me in.  He actually put some calming music on his phone and meditated with me until I callmed down.  He is very supportive of me in my withdrawal journey, as is his PA.  Sending healing thoughts to each of you in your recoveries :smitten:

You have a great guy. I'm a firm believe in functional medicine/naturopathic. but even benzo recovery messes up some of their interventions. but at least these providers dig to get answers. Western medicine is severely lacking.

I'm in awe that he sat and meditated with you...thats a keeper for sure!!

Magnesium is a Positive Allosteric Modulator which  attaches to the benzo sub-unit on GABAa receptors. It causes me horrific symptoms now.

Hi Ajusta. I noticed my symptoms worsening after I started back on the magnesium.  I took it for a while some months back thinking it would help with muscle pain.  I then stopped using it because I felt it wasn’t helping me, but because I read some different posts saying it really helped others I decided to try it again.  Now my worst symptoms of head pain, facial flushing and benzo flu have flared up again.  NO more magnesium for me :tickedoff:

I had benzo belly really bad, I take a probiotic daily and it has helped immensely.  I am not one for supplements but this one I could not manage without.