Celebrating today for today

[It...]

At the beginning of this I was a very bitter person, I'm a 30 year old mom who honestly thought I was doing everything right. Even though I had been prescribed K for years(9 to be exact) I never took it daily and would easily go weeks without taking any - until one day withdrawal symptoms hit me HARD a few days after taking a dose. It took me a few weeks to figure out that it was the K doing it to me, and to find groups like this one but once I figured it out, and learned/experienced all the possible foods & activities that can aggravate or make symptoms worse I started to feel very bad for myself

How at my age am I now supposed to give up coffee? Which I live(d) on! Wine? Drinking is such a social thing and something I've done with friends and on holidays without even thinking for years! What do you mean I can't have alcohol anymore until I'm healed!??? Exercise aggravated my symptoms, sleeping was just crap and the anxiety was unreal (not to mention all the other symptoms)!!!!!!!

Fast forward to today - Today has started off as a great day - I'm 2 days away from being 1 year benzo free and like everyone else it has been one heck of a ride. But over the last 2 months I've been able to have a decaf coffee every morning again (even decaf would bother me before and I'm still not gutsy enough to try caffeine yet), I've been able to get back into actively exercising (medium intensity running and some weight training) and I'm actually sleeping, 95% of the time my anxiety is gone and I've learned to cope with panic attacks and not worry about leaving the house with a medication incase one hits at a bad time.

I still have some symptoms but they are more or less an annoyance now and brought on by something I eat to much of (ie. Sugar).

Today I feel great and I am so so so thankful! I may not feel the same way tomorrow but I had to celebrate how amazing and NORMAL I'm feeling today!

Hang in there everyone, sending love and prayers to all of us suffering through this horrendous experience. ❤️