Interdose withdrawal- start taper before it gets worse?

[mo...]

I am beginning to get interdose withdrawal from either the klonipin or the gabapentin. Likely klonipin. I haven't been on it for very long, but had switched from ativan which I was on for 9 months.

Should I begin my taper before this gets any worse or should I somehow be stable on the meds without interdose withdrawal before starting? Would splitting my klonipin to .5 4x a day help at all?

Already getting nausea, body aches, paresthesia upon waking (before taking meds) and in the afternoon.

I take 1mg klonopin at 8am and 1mg klonopin at 5pm.

Terrified because the Ativan led me to the psych ward for 10 days. No one knew what was going on with me (including my psychiatrist).

[24...]
You could try to dose 3 or 4 times a day.  It might help a little.  Basically, your body is telling you that 2 mg per day isn't enough anymore.  I don't think it will do much good to hold and wait for things to get significantly better unless you're working on developing coping/distraction skills.  Those skills are more difficult to develop when significant withdrawal symptoms kick in.

Ok. So tapering now before things get even worse sounds like the thing to do.  I don't know how I'm going to do this with a kid and family to take care of. Terrified.

Hello,

I havent start my taper yet , but I have been through hell with a very bad anxiety disorder ( even with benzo)

" I don't know how I'm going to do this with a kid and family to take care of. Terrified."

Just saw your message and what i learned from anxiety recovery journey is that 1/ you can go through MUCH more than you think 2/ feelings and sensations ALWAYS pass 3/ do not had 2nd fear to your first fear, this is what make your fear last; what i mean is you are feeling like crap right now but trust the process, surrender , dont add fear to your symptoms , this is the best you can do to lessen them. Your brain are going through a lot right now. Be gentle with yourself 4/ YOU CAN DO THIS

Sending you a hug

[24...]

Ok. So tapering now before things get even worse sounds like the thing to do.  I don't know how I'm going to do this with a kid and family to take care of. Terrified.

Slowly.  CarlaCarla is right that you'll probably amaze yourself at how resilient you can be.  But go slow anyway.

You could try to dose 3 or 4 times a day.  It might help a little.  Basically, your body is telling you that 2 mg per day isn't enough anymore.  I don't think it will do much good to hold and wait for things to get significantly better unless you're working on developing coping/distraction skills.  Those skills are more difficult to develop when significant withdrawal symptoms kick in.

I can say that this helps. I'm on xanax which has a short half life. I still get some interdose withdrawals but because I dose 4 times a day, that is helpful and I get less of the interdose withdrawal.