Best diet for a micro taper

[Ia...]

I am starting to taper a large dose (10 msg of Ativan) over a very long period of time - years,

Is there a link to or does anybody know the absolute best diet for tapering?

I do not take anything else (not even aspirin) as I am so sensitive.  I can not take supplements as well.

[eb...]

There no special diet.  Just eat normal healthy food. 

Most people stop or limit caffeine.  Same for foods containing MSG.  Alcohol is also a no-no for most people.  Probably good to avoid large amounts of sugary foods.

Some people will go vegan; some will go paleo.  Some people drop gluten.  Some do low histamine or anti-inflammatory diets.  Lots of choices out there; no clear evidence of significant benefit. 

Probably a sensible thing to do is to keep a food journal.  If you think something rev'd up your symptoms, you can look back at what you ate and possibly learn something useful.

Thank you. I’ve read so much. But I do know that alcohol is the worst thing for you. I was a big drinker and recently quit. Caffeine is next on my list. Then sugar, dairy, gluten. I heard low histamine, low inflammatory, keto... it’s confusing...

My diet with young kids is pretty awful. I just grab what’s easiest and available. It will be a challenge to correct this. But I want the best odds for my body and taper.

The only thing I limited when I was recovering was caffeine (I don't drink alcohol) but when I started feeling like I could handle it, I started back up again.  Please do your best to keep your life as normal as possible.  This process takes so much away from us, it actually causes a loss of self so finding comfort where we can is important. 

This is a long process, both tapering and recovery so making drastic changes while going through it can actually create stress.  Keep it simple, eat what you can when you can and don't make more work for yourself because even the simplest of tasks can be difficult while going through this. 

[eb...]

Thank you. I’ve read so much. But I do know that alcohol is the worst thing for you. I was a big drinker and recently quit. Caffeine is next on my list. Then sugar, dairy, gluten. I heard low histamine, low inflammatory, keto... it’s confusing...

My diet with young kids is pretty awful. I just grab what’s easiest and available. It will be a challenge to correct this. But I want the best odds for my body and taper.

If you ate what you feed your kids, you'd probably be fine.  They're growing the flourishing eating that stuff.

Treating yourself as if you're a sugar addict and ridding yourself of a dependency on glucose would be a beneficial approach for a majority of people. If we stop comparing ourselves to fat, unhealthy people that we know and instead consider our habits in isolation, most of us would see that we have lots of room for improvement. In practice, this means eliminating simple sugars such as those found in processed foods, bread, pasta and increasing sugar intake from complex carbs like broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage to compensate. This one adjustment would help many people considerably but it's not as simple as it sounds. Added sugar has been demonstrated to have a drug like effect and in some respects is considered more addictive than cocaine. What I'm challenging people to do is consider if they are part of the majority that is addicted to sugar and doesn't even know it. If you think it might be true, it almost certainly is. The good news is that it gives you an obvious focus for improvement. The bad news is, nobody wants to know.