Generic Klonopin Taper - Withdrawal Symptoms

[se...]

Hello. I am currently at a taper of 0.125 daily (as close as pill cutter can cut a 0.5 mg pill into quarters). (Purchased a scale to better more refine taper).

My question is related to withdrawal symptoms. The main symptoms I have right now are a pins/needles feeling through my hands and legs (from knee below down into feet).

Do I wait for that to subside (hopefully it will)? Or do I continue to proceed with the taper? Around 12/7 I would have been on 0.125 via pill cutter for 2 weeks.

Thanks,

seekingtoheal

Hi seeking,

I think you are saying you have tapered down to a dose of .125 mgs daily?  And you have been there for 2 weeks?

Symptoms do not always go away completely between reductions.  Most have to taper with some symptoms still remaining.  The question is if you can handle the symptoms, or if you are overwhelmed by them.  Pins and needles is common and not too serious. 

The lower doses can be harder to get away from, and need smaller reductions.  Once you are this dose of .125, you may want to consider reducing by only 10% of that, and for each concurrent dose as you go. 

I see you are splitting the pill.  That is challenging for the smaller reductions. Measures should be accurate and pill splitting does not achieve that. 

How long have you been on K in total? 

Hi Healing64. Thanks for the reply.

Yes I tapered down to 0.125 per pill splitting which is the dose I am at right now. Honestly I have only been tracking daily dosage and time taken for the past 8 days tracking at 0.125 mg so I plan to go for another week at that dosage hopefully. I was doing weekly halve cuts as advised by doctor and started the week of 10/19.

I originally started on klonopin 0.5 mg 1 per day on 8/24/2020 and upped to 0.25mg 3x day on 9/18 and did that dosage for about 3 weeks before starting to taper.

I have ordered the Gemini 20 scale to weigh going forward for more accurate dosing.

I have tinnitus which started all this and have major sleep issues. I take Ambien CR and melatonin for sleep. I take the klonopin now in the morning. I am thinking about taking at night as maybe it will help with the sleep with the Ambien CR and melatonin.