[Oc...]

At 0.36 V but Xmas will be 0.3 dead on

What’s peoples experience jumping? From a decent pased  taper

Get worse then better

No change , then slow improving

Better within weeks

Just got worse ?

Hi Ocean

I did not jump from valium.  I taper clonazepam down to .001 mgs. 

You are on a very low valium dose now. 

I walked off at a very low dose, had one wave 2 weeks later that lasted about 4 hours.  It was unpleasant but not worse than any of the others.  I believe I went through acute during the last 2 month of my taper, as I was on such small doses. 

I have felt good.  Very good.  I am having no problems at the moment.  I have to say I was better within a couple of weeks, and def at this one month point.  If there is more to come, oh well.  I am benzo free.

Heh healing64 good to hear !!! Glad you’re still doing well !!!

Well a few new pains and vibrations

I feel like I’m just keeping WD going? I think I’m gonna jump just after Xmas. Although I may do before. There comes a point where the healing needs to permanent instead of just each step. I’m hoping to have the experience like you ! Yours was about 0.1 in conparason. 0.3 isn’t a bad jump dose I don’t think. I will hold at least two weeks so the body can catch up, but it really is great to hear you’re ok 👍🏻 at least your healing permanently now ! Thanks for commenting

I have no advice, as I've just started my journey, but I wish you the best of luck!!!

You've come so far!

Maybe post in the Valium support group and the under 3mg valium support group, I'm sure you'd get a lot more people chiming in on their experiences.

Good Luck

WinnieDog

Hi Ocean

I know,  People go through stages of responding and not on BB. 

I felt that staying on benzos at that low dose just made no sense.  It wasn't doing anything for me anymore.  I actually feel better now, completely off. 

I look forward to your jump day!  It feels great not to be tethered to that poison anymore.

Oceandude, how are you feeling at .38 mg? If you are feeling ok- ish and confident, jumping at that dose may be fine. You could also take it all the way to 0 if you’re not feeling so confident and give yourself (hopefully) a softer landing. Just my two cents. We’ll be here to support you whatever you decide. ❤️

I wish I had advice. I have the same question. I'm at .5 of xanax and wondering how many more months I need to taper before I can jump. I hope you get some answers.  :)

Thanks kitsune

I’m one of those that’s just been awful 2mg and lower. I’m ok I suppose but pain through WD is killing me

As you can jump at 0.5 I am drastically considering it after Xmas. I’m barely functioning anyway so what difference will it really make ? I’ve heard so many also say they felt better within weeks having jumped at 0.5 ? I could long it to 0.1/0.2 but I’m so tired now, there not much fight left

This is up to you but 0.3mg of Valium is a tiny dose.  I probably would have been dumb and inpatient enough to jump at 1 or 2mg.  My doc’s suggestion, once you’re next to nothing, is to start taking them every other day for a couple weeks.  Valium’s half-life is long enough that any additional withdrawal should be minimized.  Just throwing that out there. 

This is up to you but 0.3mg of Valium is a tiny dose.  I probably would have been dumb and inpatient enough to jump at 1 or 2mg.  My doc’s suggestion, once you’re next to nothing, is to start taking them every other day for a couple weeks.  Valium’s half-life is long enough that any additional withdrawal should be minimized.  Just throwing that out there.

Thanks dude

It’s such a hard choice

I won’t go back but so many say jump and so many go to 0.1 ? Either way I’m holding till Xmas

Get that out the way first

Then I’ll see ?!

0.3 is low enough to jump but should I walk off

At .3 V, you won't have much longer to taper until you can walk off.  Really, I think only a few weeks or month at most?  Once you feel both physically ready (at least the best you can) and mentally ready.  Most of my reductions were a mental exercise, then a leap of faith.  Especially the final one. 

Thanks healing

I’m sensitive

0.6 to 0.3 oook two months. And I gotta hold till Xmas for my son. Thanks for the kind words!!! It gets to where i don’t believe I won’t be in agonising pain. Last drop was particularly bad so a little hold won’t do any harm. I was hoping off jan 1st but I can settle for Feb 🤞🏻 How are you doing now ???

Hi Ocean

Thanks for asking! 

I am really good.  I am having no symptoms at all.  I feel 100%.  This is not something I would have believed possible even in the last couple months of my taper.  I had times where I reduced as little as 2% during the taper.  I had some very hard times.  I have been benzo free about 6 weeks now.

I put my stop date off so many times.  I thought last March, then June, August, October.  I ended up stopping end of October.  As long as I was reducing any amount, I knew I was in the process of getting benzo free. 

My worst symptoms seemed never ending.  I felt so hopeless at times.  Then they would disappear.  Symptoms do pass.  You will not remain in this pain.

Keep the faith.  Trust your recovery is happening. 

Thanks kitsune

I’m one of those that’s just been awful 2mg and lower. I’m ok I suppose but pain through WD is killing me

As you can jump at 0.5 I am drastically considering it after Xmas. I’m barely functioning anyway so what difference will it really make ? I’ve heard so many also say they felt better within weeks having jumped at 0.5 ? I could long it to 0.1/0.2 but I’m so tired now, there not much fight left

I jumped at 2 mg Valium and that probably the best decision in my life. I felt so bad tapering Valium the last weeks that I was thinking about ending it all. Then after I jumped I felt instant better after 2-3 days.

Thanks guys

Great fantastic news healing 64.

I’m holding and feeling the benefits of doing so. After Xmas is my plan.

Thanks for the board attachment !!!

And all the feedback! In hind site it’s been so hard from 2mg down jumping then would probably have been less painful, but I’m here now holding at 0.3 till Xmas then a final run to 0.2 then that’s it I’m jumping

Have a great Xmas everyone

If it hurts at all now, it would have hurt like hell had you jumped sooner. Judging from how you come across, how you describe your journey and mindset at the moment, I think you timed a successful taper. I wish you the very best over Christmas and then as you jump. I hope you don't build this up too much. You've slowed down towards the end which is what I did. For me and many other people, we didn't feel any different when we jumped and we have made good progress since jumping too. I think that could be you too. So If you're going to build it up over Christmas, I hope it's due to excitement rather than fear. When the drug is gone, you really can start to do a lot more for yourself. You're a brilliant guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Held at 0.31for December

Actually had a wonderful window for 3 weeks

Yesterday boom new pains and lots of wierd fear. Anxiety a lot today (just need to make it to tomorrow night, for boys Xmas

Looking to resume taper tomorrow and hopefully jump at 0.2 or 0.1 if I can get through it.  The hold has been worth it, but WD or not time to hopefully make the final part count

Merry Xmas to everyone!!!

Hey Ocean

You mean you held at .3, right?

A 3 week window is awesome!  Such a great sign!  You are soo close now.

Merry Christmas to you, too, Ocean!

Thanks healing64

Yes I did mean 0.31

The window was fantastic and a needed break from the servere pain.

How’s you?

I’m gonna aim for a bit lower

But I’m close to all I can bear now. So hoping to jump at 0.2 or if ok 0.1

Today is almost over which was my goal

Xmas with my 6 year old

Hope you have a merry Christmas 🎄