Mantras

[Ha...]

I've read a lot of people mention mantras. Also mentioned in plenty of self help anxiety stuff. I thought it might be interested, and maybe helpful for others if people could share their mantras if they use 1.

I've tried a few, but it's dawned on me I've pretty much used 1 for years without really knowing it. So yesterday started using it again.

"F#@& it,  I don't give a F#£@"

It seems to have lifted a weight off my shoulders of constantly worrying about this whole situation, and helps with acceptance. We heal quicker when not stressed

I also use

"It is what it is"

[05...]

It's difficult for me to envision 20 Buddhist priests meditating to that first mantra, but if it works for you...  ;)

Mine is, "When in doubt, mellow out."

I have read on several posts the mantra, what I am feeling is my healing.  I hope this is true as I am now in a benzo flu state and feel awful.....after several days of feeling almost healed :tickedoff:

I learned from a session with Dr. Jennifer Leigh that the mind responds to positive affirmation. But there is a trick... if you say ‘I’m not going to die’ for instance, the brain still hears ‘die’ and old fear based neural pathways will excite. Instead she told me to repeat: I am safe, I am healing, I will recover.

Mine during my worst:

"Keep f**king going"

I told people to stop telling me to "hang in there" because I was DONE doing that. I said just tell me to keep effing going because that's all I can do.

A family member even sent me bracelet with it engraved on it :laugh:

I love all these.

I don't have one at the moment, as I cannot remember anyone I think of, other than the standbys from the past.

I'd like a new one for this terrible journey, so I'm stealing Marwegs!!

I love it!

I am safe

I am healing

I will recover!!

I now have this on sticky notes throughout the house for me to remember!!

Cheers,

WinnieDog

Yes, it is so calming!!

I remember you told me about it before, but I had trouble remembering it!

I also say that I have Hope, Faith and little bit of Grace to get through this!

They are the middle names of my girls!!

Our youngest is an identical twin and we lost her sister at birth (we knew we wouldn't be able to bring her home -very rare pregnancy - top Dr in Canada had only seen this once before - they were almost conjoined).

Our survivor has Hope as her middle name and the one we lost has Faith!

I had so much Hope that we'd make it through to the end and get to bring home one, and I had Faith that everything would be ok.

After all that we went through almost 15 years ago, none of it prepared me for this!!

This is so much worse!!

But I have Hope, Faith and will try to have some Grace getting through this.

I'm not as religious as some (longer story), but I sure am praying that I'm allowed to finish what's needed with raising my girls.....

hugs,

WinnieDog

I learned from a session with Dr. Jennifer Leigh that the mind responds to positive affirmation. But there is a trick... if you say ‘I’m not going to die’ for instance, the brain still hears ‘die’ and old fear based neural pathways will excite. Instead she told me to repeat: I am safe, I am healing, I will recover.

Seriously this means so much to me that you posted this because I fear randomly dying from this sh&$. I have some serious PTSD from the symptoms I had. So thank you.

Meganz, you are a warrior! Your brain has healed so much! Give it more chances for healing by repeating these affirmations... they will change how the brain thinks! I firmly believe this. I struggle deeply with health anxiety, a by-product of walking my dad through a 2 year battle with ALS over a decade ago. I still have a lot of work to do to reprogram the lies my brain believes because of that experience, but all emerging science proves.... WE HEAL!  :smitten:

It sounds like you’re the warrior, helping your dad through that. I can’t imagine. I’m so sorry. You come into this with coping mechanisms some of us would dream of.

You’re already ahead. I had 0 coping mechanisms when I started this journey and honestly think I still have none lol.

I’ve said this on another post but here is what I do every time I hear the voice that tells me I’m never going to get better... 1:40 into clip  :D

Mine during my worst:

"Keep f**king going"

I told people to stop telling me to "hang in there" because I was DONE doing that. I said just tell me to keep effing going because that's all I can do.

A family member even sent me bracelet with it engraved on it :laugh:

Awesome 😎  :laugh: