Ongoing gut problems

[Om...]

Hello all.

So now I've tapered down to 0.5mg Clonazepam, and holding for awhile now. Gut problems (irregular movements, constipation) seems not to give me a break. I'm having this issue since I've dropped it down below around 2mgs. No medication or natural supplement really works. Tried Ayurveda for awhile too. I'm wondering if this trouble will ever go away, and I could live a normal life and have a normal diet. I don't eat breakfast (just drink lots of fruit juice, and water), then eat somewhat a normal lunch, and eat something fibery in the evening, and avoid dinner. I can't travel or anything with my awful feeling stomach. Anyone having the same kinda problem? Anyone know something to ease the discomfort?

Thank you very much for reading.

It’s part of the withdrawal. I have horrible GI issues. I’m on a continuous glucose monitor because this withdrawal messes with my blood sugars bad!  I was having oily stools and diarrhea for the first 45 days after coming off completely. I still get it but it’s only once or twice a week now. Now my issues are extremely slow digestion and very high blood sugars. I’ve read from other people on this site that it does eventually go away.  Just keep trudging. I would try to eat more too. The supplements and vitamins we get from food help the healing process.

It’s part of the withdrawal. I have horrible GI issues. I’m on a continuous glucose monitor because this withdrawal messes with my blood sugars bad!  I was having oily stools and diarrhea for the first 45 days after coming off completely. I still get it but it’s only once or twice a week now. Now my issues are extremely slow digestion and very high blood sugars. I’ve read from other people on this site that it does eventually go away.  Just keep trudging. I would try to eat more too. The supplements and vitamins we get from food help the healing process.

Thank you very much for the reply. Sorry for your current  issue of high blood sugar  levels. Didn't know the withdrawals had that effect. Hope to goodness all of us will get through this quick.

P.s. so you're getting this high sugar levels after you have completely stopped the drug?

A lot of people have their stress go right to their gut. I have the same issue during withdrawal. This sometimes work for me depending on the situation. You can try it if you wish and see if it works for you. It is a bit counterintuitive but it works for many. Take a glass of water and add 1 table spoon of apple cider vinegar preferably Braggs with the mother to it and stir it up. Then down the whole thing. It will balance the PH level in your stomach. If your having to much acid this will also stop it. If the problem is to much sugar stop drinking the juice or anything with a lot of sugar in it like soft drinks.

A lot of people have their stress go right to their gut. I have the same issue during withdrawal. This sometimes work for me depending on the situation. You can try it if you wish and see if it works for you. It is a bit counterintuitive but it works for many. Take a glass of water and add 1 table spoon of apple cider vinegar preferably Braggs with the mother to it and stir it up. Then down the whole thing. It will balance the PH level in your stomach. If your having to much acid this will also stop it. If the problem is to much sugar stop drinking the juice or anything with a lot of sugar in it like soft drinks.

Did you not get a reaction at all from the apple cider? My stomach issues are the most debilitating and I know I produce a lot of acid. How much water?

Thanks I'll try that. Btw I don't think it's has to do with sugar, cuz i don't drink soft drinks, i blend the fruits myself and add very little sugar. Though it might be too much acid. I feel like i can never properly empty the bowels so i have to go several times a day.

Thank you for your input but I drink water all day. I do not drink juices or soda. It’s just the withdrawal and will fade and go away. Just like the oily stools, diarrhea, and slow digestion (which doesn’t help the blood sugar thing).

Did you not get a reaction at all from the apple cider? My stomach issues are the most debilitating and I know I produce a lot of acid. How much water?

No, the vinegar helped me. In fact, I use it everyday especially after a meal or if I feel heavy acid. It is an 8 ounce glass of water and 1 tablespoon of ACV