Criminal charges Against Purdue Pharma. Benzo's next?

[Be...]

Opioids first, benzo's next? 

The writer of this article is predicting that benzo's will be next to be scrutinized for abuse and that lawsuits might ensue for big Pharma.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/health-law-and-business/insight-opioid-litigation-should-give-benzo-makers-anxiety

I sure hope so.  Maybe family and friends will start believing how we've been damaged by these drugs. 

If your family's blaming you, it sounds like you have a dysfunctional family.  Family members shouldn't blame each other for anything really.  They should love one another.  Sounds like you need to set boundaries with your family members and if they continue to blame and mistreat you, cut them off!  I had to do that with my one sister and mother and even my father when I was young.  They were abusive.

If your family's blaming you, it sounds like you have a dysfunctional family.  Family members shouldn't blame each other for anything really.  They should love one another.  Sounds like you need to set boundaries with your family members and if they continue to blame and mistreat you, cut them off!  I had to do that with my one sister and mother and even my father when I was young.  They were abusive.

I agree with the sentiment here, although practical considerations sometimes dictate who you see, regardless of any need to cut them out of your life. Abuse can be measured on a sliding scale. Sometimes, we have to live with it for a period of time. That's not a philosophical view, just a recognition of the reality especially during these times. I think it's important to recognise if that is you... if you are having to deal with abuse without immediate prospect of changing your circumstances. Sometimes, we can trick ourselves into believing it's not so bad, if we can't change anything. We can't get out of the situation, therefore it can't be as bad as we think. This is a dangerous way to think because it leaves us even more vulnerable to manipulation.

I'm probably not getting my point across very well. Where I'm coming from is remembering a time that I might have been crushed to read the advice of "cutting them off" when it's the only thing I wanted to do wrt to my father, but absolutely was not an option available to me. Also remembering how I bent to his will on things that were really not at all good for me. I think the reason was that I convinced myself that I must have things out of proportion. I turned a corner when I admitted to myself that I had been abused. I wasn't sure what to do with the information but at least things started to make more sense.

I think you described the prevalent attitude amongst some people, including my dad. Aware of some larger societal issue, no desire to look into it any further because it's not a world I should have got involved in, full stop. Nevermind that the false authority of doctors dragged me into this world. Just put your fingers in your ears and shout "LALALALA" then you won't have to challenge your simple way of viewing the world. Drugs are bad... mmmkay? (except for paracetamol, antihistamines, alcohol, caffeine, etc  ::))

[c9...]

Drugs are bad... mmmkay? (except for paracetamol, antihistamines, alcohol, caffeine, etc  ::))

I hate that most of the focus of anti-psychiatric drug arguments tends to fall upon benzos (which have some legitimate use in cases of convulsions, status epilepticus, and surgical procedures), whereas antidepressants and antipsychotics, which don't have any use and honestly shouldn't even exist, get a free pass (and let's just ignore the fact that many people end up on benzos because of antidepressants).