I've almost made my mind on updosing... should I worry about kindling?

[fu...]

I am thinking about going up from 0.3mg to 1.0mg... a big increase to try to stop these horrible sx.

Does kindling also happens when we updose? Honestly, I am really thinking about going up to 2.5mg putting this taper as a long term plan with a veeery slow taper. My parents are suffering so much, the chances of losing my job are getting higher, and I can't do almost anything these days due to all the suffering.

I am thinking about going up from 0.3mg to 1.0mg... a big increase to try to stop these horrible sx.

Does kindling also happens when we updose? Honestly, I am really thinking about going up to 2.5mg putting this taper as a long term plan with a veeery slow taper. My parents are suffering so much, the chances of losing my job are getting higher, and I can't do almost anything these days due to all the suffering.

Quick reply, sorry..

Just one aspect, IF you decide to increase, perhaps titrate or reverse taper back up a bit and perhaps hold a while as soon as things START to improve somewhat.. -Reassess along the way..

-Maybe..??

Hey cantfly, thanks for the suggestion.

I have to admit that I am a bit skeptical with the water solution. As where I live does not have liquid valium, I am using syringes, water (in the right proportion ml/g according to my taper), a glass bottle and a pill of valium. Do you think raising but still using the solution can help?

Hey cantfly, thanks for the suggestion.

I have to admit that I am a bit skeptical with the water solution. As where I live does not have liquid valium, I am using syringes, water (in the right proportion ml/g according to my taper), a glass bottle and a pill of valium. Do you think raising but still using the solution can help?

Are you using a solvent (alcohol or PG)..??

-If not, your doses could be rather inconsistent, like trying to mix oil in water.. Talk to the “titration guys” on this one if needed..

I am using syringes, water (in the right proportion ml/g according to my taper), a glass bottle and a pill of valium.

full, valium is not water soluble. None of the benzos are. As cant said, you need to use a bit (I used 1 ml) of alcohol or some PG. I made the mistake of a "water taper" during the initial stages of my taper, also. When things were not going well, I asked for help from folks on here and was told to dissolve my 1 mg valium pill in 1 ml of alcohol, then add water up to 100 mls. Things went much better after that. Much better. I was able to make small, precise reductions as get off the blasted benzo.

Maybe, before you updose,  try making a water/alcohol/valium solution and see how that goes? I bet your taper goes better. Mine did.

Hope this helps.

Katz

Hey katz,

I always had this suspicion about the solution not being effective. I will try to work this week on a proper mix.

It only confirms my suspicion the fact that I felt good after popping half a pill (2.5mg) yesterday. Do you think that by using the water solution for so long I might have kindled myself with the emergency dose? I don't know my next steps after what I did... I hope everything will be alright.

full, I don't know about kindling . . . but my bet is that once you make a true solution, in which your valium is evenly distributed, you will notice a big difference in your taper. I did. Heavens . . . my valium could have been hanging out on the bottom of my beaker . . . undissolved . . . just broken up a bit in the water, along with the pill's excipients. Then when I sucked up, say a 1 ml dose, I may have been getting very little valium. Makes me shiver to think of all the months I did that.

Hope things improve for you,

Katz

Kindling only happens if you stop benzos completely, and then begin again.  You did not stop taking benzos.  You likely still got doses, though perhaps uneven doses.