Learning the Hard Way!

[Ga...]

No matter how many times I read on the post-withdrawal forum about the dangers of  alcohol consumption (three little sips of white wine) stress (decorating my son’s home for Thanksgiving, i.e., setting the table, setting up food station) and generally just overdoing.  I managed to fall into the “I am feeling so much better” trap, and ran around like a chicken with its head cutoff :tickedoff:  Guess what happened?  Yep, woke up with a bad headache on Friday and Saturday, with a nice batch of general overall ickiness thrown in.  So here I am wanting to begin the eagerly anticipated Christmas decorating, and can’t muster up the energy or the holly, jolly spirit :-[. So, I have definitely learned my lesson and will not sip any alcoholic beverage, will not try to do everything in one day, and I will learn to pace myself.

I hope everyone is enjoying a biggie window today...I sure look forward to another one opening for me sooner than later :smitten:

[e2...]
I think it's pretty normal to overdo it on those days when you're feeling a little better.  Eventually, those good days will happen more often and the 'days after' will be better too.

Thanks, Badsocref!  It is really hard to have such a bad headache after enjoying over a week with none!  I am hoping that I am in phase three of the four phases of withdrawal, and that I will recover rather quickly than have a weeks long recovery.

How are you doing?