What is it that makes mornings hard?

[Mi...]

Hello all,

Why are mornings the most challenging time of day for many people? More symptoms (my most consistent lingering symptom being vertigo), weakness for like a half hour, somedays longer, to get going. Some mornings more intense symptoms (feeling faint) than others. Bottom line is that, it's always the hardest part of the day to some degree. Can't wait to jump out of bed and run out into the sunshine doing a jig.

What's your experience with this? I wonder why it happens.

Well wishes to everyone in your healing.

Miss F

I can only think that the morning is when we are naturally given an extra flood of everything in order to ready us for the day  so that we can go out  hunting for food and water.

I suspect it will take a long time for some, for the balance to come back, and  enough calm is available to mitigate this rise that is a perfectly natural occurrence.

Before this happened I used to enjoy mornings, 

Thinking of those times on holiday when you open the curtains to your balcony room, stepped out and smelt the fresh air.

Oh for those days, but  just dreaming..

Of course I have no idea at all but that is what I think is happening, until it doesn't

Jen

I have definitely found that mornings can be very difficult with many symptoms manifesting themselves.  During my first five months I dreaded waking up as I knew what was coming:  tremors, nausea, headache, chills, and sometimes benzo flu.  Now that I am into my eighth month, I am experiencing better mornings and, thus, I look forward to starting the day.  Unfortunately, I overdid it during Thanksgiving and yesterday and today have seen a return of the headaches and an overall feeling of ick! :tickedoff:  Yesterday I began to feel better by late evening, so I hope that as today progresses I will regain some feelings of normalcy.  I have read many BB posts that reference mornings as being the worst as our cortisol levels are higher and then tend to taper down throughout the day.  So, here’s to waking up to windows of sunshine and feeling groovy :smitten:

Thank you everyone for your replies & the link.

It makes sense & I'm sure it's been said on here a million times.

The cortisol & hormones are waking us up in the a.m. and our systems are too sensitive to it.

Gardenguru: I'm so glad to hear that your mornings are better & that you look forward to starting your day! What a great thing to celebrate!

Chinchuck : we'll get there, our balance of calm ... the fresh air smell.

Sometimes I think - run out into the morning sun, even when I feel like crap, but I can settle for a short walk in the afternoon. It's still all good enough until we're healed.

Cortisol def plays into this.

I also have another theory. I feel that the brain is in sleep mode, and switching to awake is a stress. Plus the brain has to adjust "processing" the inputs of being awake. Can we all agree many of us balance out a bit by noon? The brain is trying to catch up.

Sadly I don't have science to back this up, but I've had a lot of time to think about this...sooo like I said its a theory. ::)

It is funny how every morning it feels like you can't do another day.Then by evening you feel everything is possible. My mornings have become much better but not sure when they will go back to prebenzo state.

Cortisol def plays into this.

I also have another theory. I feel that the brain is in sleep mode, and switching to awake is a stress. Plus the brain has to adjust "processing" the inputs of being awake. Can we all agree many of us balance out a bit by noon? The brain is trying to catch up.

Sadly I don't have science to back this up, but I've had a lot of time to think about this...sooo like I said its a theory. ::)

I totally agree

It is funny how every morning it feels like you can't do another day.Then by evening you feel everything is possible. My mornings have become much better but not sure when they will go back to prebenzo state.

This is what is maddening.  Yes, at night I feel better and develop big plans for the next day, or get pumped about everything I’ll be able to get done the next day, and then I wake up and all that is shot.  I have overcommitted to things in the past due to decisions made at night when I’m feeling decent, and it ends up costing me.  Have learned my lesson though.