Benzo withdrawal leading to unresolved skin/nerve issues?

[mo...]

Hey, I was addicted to Ambien for 2 years at high dosages. I withdraw for a few months with the help of a dr and the last time I took any drug was almost 5 years ago.

I'm aware that benzo withdrawal can be extremely protracted compared to other drugs, and most of my issues went away, however the skin issues persisted (albeit better than they used to).

My skin can get quite sensitive, especially at the neck line and behind the knees which makes wearing clothes with it quite a nuisance. Also daytime showers (even with mild/cold water) make my skin so much worse so I now only shower at night which still makes me a bit more sensitive.

Another issue is I sometimes (though very periodically) still get this stinging feeling on my skin, like a week sunburn. It used to be quite painful, now it's just mild.

I was told the skin and nerve issues staying for this long could be tied to my low b12 levels which I used to have. But I've been on b12 supplementation for the past 3 years and raised my levels to normal.

This whole situation is especially odd because I didn't take drugs for all that long, and I'm quite young too at 30.

I'd appreciate it so much if anyone could take the time to think of anything which might help me. Coming off of drugs was difficult enough on it's own. I'm just hoping I didn't destroy my body for good..