last remaining "symptom"- thinking about thinking

[re...]

So while I am grateful that I actually seem to be feeling much better overall and in less of a brain fog/no more sensorimotor ocd issues about 2 months after my last benzo (1 month of Xanax and Klonopin use), I have one last very annoying "symptom" (if it is even still withdrawal): whenever I am idle or doing something that requires minimial attention like watching tv, I tend to revert to thinking about thinking. It's like I'm aware that my brain is being used and so I'm thinking how I am thinking lol. (I know it's bizarre and I dont even know if its really thought hyperawareness but it feels like it is because the subject matter of the thought is thinking itself). It's like now that I'm feeling so much better my brain wants to kind of check in/monitor it's thinking and it keep it there as a "default thought", if you will. I'm just accepting it as is because you can't really control thoughts but it's as if my brain has become obsessed with thinking and is stuck on the introspective station. Any advice? Thx.

did you do anything to help ease the frustration of it or was acceptance the best/only solution? I just want to have one day where I'm on total autopilot and not noticing that I'm thinking. (What's frustrating is I actually think I do have those autopilot moments whenever the subject of the thought isn't thinking, but it's few and far between). I'd almost rather have another obsessive thought than the thought of thinking itself! Anyway, it's a tough one but I'll just accept it and hang in there. Thanks again.

This sounds like something akin to mindfulness. Some people go out of their way and make a point of thinking about thinking. Personally, I see it as one of the positives from this damaging experience. I like that I instinctively analyse my thoughts.

I have to say, it can sometimes get a little bit much. Often, I know exactly how a thought arrived in my head without trying, but it will something inconsequential and I didn't need to know. It can be ever so slightly distracting. More generally, I think my way of thinking has evolved for the better overall.

[13...]
I've been having this issue a lot. I am aware that I am thinking instead of just actually thinking. It freaks me out. I really hope all of this gets better.