Thanksgiving thankful

[Me...]

Let’s name a symptom that has gone away.

To show that we’re all healing!!

Let’s talk about the progress we’ve each made

And focus on positivity.

I am convinced my symptoms get worse when I obsess over them.

So I’m going to notice them without judging today. And distract. Try not to care.

This morning I feel a little woozy and my ears are ringing. That’s it.

I am so thankful the dizziness is gone. The heart pounding 24/7 is gone. The nasty heart skips every time I get nervous are gone. The sleep paralysis is gone. The head pressure is gone. The cold spots are gone. The high HR is gone. The adrenaline surges are gone. The stomach knot is gone. The mental symptoms are gone!

There’s much more that is gone...but this is my list for now!

I am thankful I have moments with only 1 symptom, or none at all. This shows I’m healing. I used to be symptomatic 24/7.

What are you thankful for that shows healing!?

• Like 1

So very thankful that my headaches are infrequent and when they do appear, they are  less painful. Also, sleeping well, no morning cortisol surges, no nausea, no tremors, and lots more energy.  Have come a long way in eight months, so am feeling extremely blessed and thankful for continued healing.  I wish the same for you!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all🦃🦃🦃🦃 :smitten:

I still have adrenal surges which causes early morning wake ups, high heart rate and BP, extreme fatigue, internal tremors. But, thankful the rest of the garbage is gone or not troublesome.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I was getting muscle spasms and twitching and jerks.  Sometimes these were so severe I thought I was going into a seizure.  These have stopped. Because they have stopped, I know my body must have healed somewhat.  My story is similar to yours, Meganz.  I was a long term Ativan user, about 15 years.  I did the crossover taper to Valium, and was doing a liquid taper.  When I reached 5 mg V, I began having psychotic-like symptoms and was hospitalized.  There, I was given no benzos, similar to a forced CT, July 2018.  Now at 28 months benzo free I am still having symptoms.  However, those jerks and spasms have thankfully subsided.

BTW:  Happy Thanksgiving!

Marja

Most recently my jaw pain cleared up. I didn't realise how inflamed it was and how much I didn't like it until it got better.

I lost about 14kg of weight including most of the flab on my belly recently too. I am counting it because I know I couldn't have done what it takes to lose the weight a year ago when I was in the thick of it. Also to give people hope about regaining their former physical glory!

Before that, the vibrating body type symptoms stopped happening. I never noticed them go but as I reflect, it's been several months.

I have had four nightmares in the past week.  This might not sound like something to be thankful for, but thanks to this group I understand that vivid dreams and nightmares are a sign of healing, as it means our brains are catching up on REM sleep.  So I'm thankful for that.  And for this group.

Haimona

I sleep. Horrific nightmares gone. I can eat again. I can watch tv and movies again (but I avoid intense violence). No looping thoughts. No ear worms. No floaters. My periods no longer make me feel like I'm back in acute. These issues completely resolved. I no longer cry everyday (and I mean everyday). I can interact with people.

The following has greatly resolved and only occasionally visit: dizzy, disco-ordination, nausea, tinnitus, cog fog, anxiety, depression( usually just hormonal now), sensory is only fast moving things on TV(some commercials), GI stuff rarely, vibrating, racy heart.

I can eat more of a variety of foods again. I've been able to add some small doses of vit/supplements. My short term memory has improved (better, but needs more progress).

I can laugh again. Not everyday is blissful but I have had tears down my face, gut hurting laughter again.

Theres prob some other things, but this is all I'm coming up with right now lol. And if these things have resolved - my remaining stuff will too:)

Thanks Meganz..It def helps to look back to see where we've come from.  :thumbsup:

This time last year....was just coming out of a wheelchair

This year....played with family, washed cars, danced to music, cooked Thanksgiving dinner and enjoying life :smitten:

Wow! This is the hope I needed! Thanks for sharing your stories. It looks like we’ve all improved greatly. It’s hard to see that when symptomatic.

Since writing this - I wanted to post an update.

I know it may not last long, but I have been pretty asymptomatic for a couple of hours.

I’ve felt really normal all evening.

The last few weeks really broke my spirits, so here’s to hoping this sticks

Since writing this - I wanted to post an update.

I know it may not last long, but I have been pretty asymptomatic for a couple of hours.

I’ve felt really normal all evening.

The last few weeks really broke my spirits, so here’s to hoping this sticks

Hope it does, Meagz ❤️

[71...]

I can sleep for a minimum of six hours straight without waking up.  Loving sleep...

Crying jags are gone too.  Yay!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Love

Fiercey

This time last year....was just coming out of a wheelchair

This year....played with family, washed cars, danced to music, cooked Thanksgiving dinner and enjoying life :smitten:

Wow! SouthernBelle08! Wow ! Good for you! I needed to hear that thank you!

MeganZ - great topic !

I am thankful that I no longer have symptoms of:

Pacing. The worse symptom I had was akathasia. The first couple of days my body literally made me get up and pace. I could not sit still. I walked in circles in the living room. Nowhere felt comfortable. It was not nonstop the entire day, but the urge was there a lot for 2 days. That was the strongest my akathasia was. It slowly subsided as time passed.

I'm glad I can ride in a car. I could not for the first few months. Because of the aksthasia, when my husband would stop at stop lights I would scream and cry. Also while riding down the road, I would have this awful urge to jump out of a moving car, again a form of akathasia. These issues are gone. Long gone. Now I enjoy car rides and I have drove a bunch over the last several months myself. I still have some issues with busy freeways, but not rural freeways.

Early on I tried to visit a counselor and I could not sit in the chair. The akathasia would not allow me to. I could not sit and visit anyone. I could not sit. To sit and have a conversation with someone was sheer torture. I tried some at home massages too. I paid for a massage therapist to come into my home. I could not tolerate lying there to get a massage either. These things were all from akathasia. They were mostly gone about 2 or 3 months in.

I don't have akathasia anymore. It's long gone... thank the lord.

From May of 2019 until about Christmas of last year I had this underlying thought that I was going to die.  We actually bought a giant 12' Christmas tree last year and we put it up right after Halloween because I wanted a special ginormous tree, and I truly thought I would be dead before Christmas. That was a year ago. Here I am! I'm still here. See how withdrawal tricks you?! This year we settled for a 10' tree. Lol. I love the holidays and I love to celebrate everything because I have so much gratitude that I gained from this entire experience.

For the first few months, especially early on...when the lights went out and I was in bed and my husband was asleep I would feel my inner tremors right in my chest. I would see lightening when I closed my eyes. My head hurt, and I would cry myself to sleep thinking for sure that I was going to die in my sleep. There was a pattern on my closet door that was in the shape of a holy cross. I would look at that and pray and pray. I would look at that cross and pray that I would live to see another day. Those days are long, long gone and have been for months.

I no longer get frustrated over things that get aggravating and feel rage. That's been gone for many months too.

For about 9 months after my last Ativan I could hardly be around people besides my husband. I felt dizzy, weak and overwhelmed. My legs would tremor. I was so very very distraught over this. I thought "How can I go through life, not being able to be around other people?" I thought I'd be a hermit forever. I can now visit people. Sit in a chair and talk to people. I regained that ability about 6 months ago.

I've come a really, really long way. From a girl who had no idea of what was going on. I had to do my own research and figure it out on my own when I finally got my "benzo light bulb 💡 moment" and realized I was in Ativan tolerance, then withdrawal. If I was put into the wrong hands, or if I was not my own advocate I have no idea what would have happened to me, but because I had the where with all to seek help for myself online (doctors were clueless)  - for that I am so thankful. And for this forum, and because of other online support groups ... & my husband  ... because of all of this, my life was saved.

I was not on benzo buddies those first 9 months either.

Also, I have not woke up with the room spinning only but 2x and that was during tolerance. I'm happy to say that, that has not happened in 2 years. I was dizzy, vertigo, "boaty " for 16 months straight. Then it stopped for 8 months, but returned due to a set back 6 weeks ago. BUT! That is subsiding again too. I'm thankful for that!

We will recover. Thousands have been on this path before us and recovered and moved on. We will too.