Can recovery from a Valium cut still happen if you increase/decrease an SSRI?

[fu...]

I am asking this because I think I regret updosing my Zoloft to 150mg and I am considering going back to 100mg. But I wonder if, benzowise, I am better and more healed, or if things are going to be tough when decreasing the dose to 100mg again.

Hi determination

You have asked this question elsewhere on the boards.  I hear your frustration and challenges making a decision about this.  Please know that only you can know this.  No one can know this for sure.  It will be known when you choose to go down in dose, if you choose that.  Benzo recovery is unique for everyone.  Please try to accept that your indecision and anxiety are benzo withdrawal related.  All medications come with consequences.  Have courage.

I just did the same thing: I increased my effexor: Of course its personal and individual but I believe that an increase in your SSRI may actually help your valium cut.....There was a reason you were put on valium to begin and the SSRI may help to fill that void as you re-learn to live again.

Not all anxiety can be controlled via diet, mental wellness, or acceptance. Anxiety may be physiological and neurological and partly beyond are full control So i am comfortable with the idea that I need an SSRI.....

I've come off SSRI's numerous times in the past. crack cocaine, tobacco, everything.........valium is the hardest, longest lasting, most miserable battle I've ever fought....Its a battle worth fighting

Hoping you are ok. May God bless you

so hard isnt it...so hard

I am pretty experienced with taking many different psychiatric drugs over the last 21 years. One thing I can tell you is you can only work on one drug at a time. So if you upped your SSRI sit with that for a while until you mess with your benzo dose. Once you have the SSRI sorted to where you like it (about a month at least IMHO) then go back to the benzo tapering. Both of those drugs are going to mess up your sleep so you have to do them one at a time and wait to see the results. Hope this helps.  :thumbsup: