Sleep Quality IS Confusing Me And I'm Scared!!

[Re...]

I'm still grappling with the fear of coming off of Klonopin because my sleep is stressing me out so badly! I'm on .5mg-1mg, only at night. I will go into a weird 'blank' state for maybe an hour, check the time, and feel like I've been up thinking the entire time not sure if I've slept, and then I will stress about that. Then I get very agitated and won't fall asleep until the sun comes up, and then I'll get maybe 3 hours or so if I'm lucky. Sometimes I will 'wake up' after a few hours and feel as though I've been up thinking instead of sleeping, although I can't remember what I was thinking about. I will stress so much that I haven't had any sleep. Is this a normal benzo thing? It's awful, and is making me incredibly anxious. I don't feel like I'm on a good place to stop taking it if I'm already struggling so much.. I don't know what's going on with my brain, if it's just anxiety, an effect of the klonopin, or what. I need some serious reassurance!

Nope this is benzo withdrawal. So many people struggle with insomnia when they are in wd and after they jump. I have pretty severe insomnia and all the buddies before me that have been through wd and healed say it just takes time for it to get better.

This is a question that bugs the hell out of me, but I’ll ask u as maybe u aren’t already practicing this.... sleep hygiene? It sounds as tho u can sleep but ur anxiety about it is interfering a lot. Most of ur sleep problems will be wd so that part is out of ur hands, but u can do some things to make sure u are really tired when u hit the pillow, like no naps, go to bed when u are sleepy, dark room, comfy bed, no noise, cool temp.

Start telling urself, this is wd, that’s why I have insomnia.,. Instead of wondering why. This is why. Trust me, it is so hard and u will see me on here suffering at times looking for reassurance too. I average 0-4 hrs sleep most nights. That’s it. I cannot do a thing about it because I do sleep hygiene stuff so I know it’s wd.

This site is full of people in the same boat I’ve spoken to most of them! It will get better but right now u need to accept it as much as u can. I know it’s hard, but as I’ve been told, it gets better x

So this is for sure withdrawal even while still being on the medication? It's so confusing! I feel like definitively knowing that that's the cause would help a lot with the anxiety, but my brain being so confused about having these symptoms while still on the Klonopin is making me feel like I'm going crazy or losing my ability to sleep or something :( I do get some sleep that I know is sleep, but most nights I'm just not sure when I slept or if I slept.. I'm just so confused.. My psychiatrist is clueless and just wants to up my dose.

The same thing happened to me, I didn’t understand what was going on. It’s called interdose withdrawal. U aren’t going crazy. Those dose u are on is no longer working because u have become tolerant. So ur body needs more, so it goes into withdrawal. Going up in dose will help for a while, then that will stop working too. Do some research, u will find all of ur symptoms listed under interdose withdrawal. Read the Ashton manual and get over to K thread and start getting off this crap and get ur life back. Do not go up in dose.

If u can add ur signature it will help if we can see what ur on and how long u have been on it ect. A moderator can help with this x

Thank you so much for responding to me. I think logically I knew what was happening, but my brain tends to think the worst case scenarios for everything and think that it must be something a lot more complex that no one understands. I'm so happy to have others here that understand, it really helps me feel better about this. I know that if you can do it and others here can do it, I can do it. In the moment it's just hard to see the light. I can't even imagine sleeping on my own anymore, I forgot what it was like!

Also, I will get my signature on here asap  :)

No problems x yep ur brain is always searching for a fix. That’s it’s job. Looking for danger. There is no danger except for a drug that makes u feel like ur being chased by an invisible tiger when it stops working. That’s what happened to everyone on here.

I have had mris ct scans X-rays ultrasound so many blood tests my veins started collapsing, colonoscopy endoscopy u name it! There are a few issues nothing major and nothing to explain the symptoms I’m having. Because.... it’s the Benzos. And the drs do not or will not acknowledge that they can affect people like this.

U are safe and among friends here and they will help u get off this shit. Ur job is to be strong and brave when it gets tough x read success stories, stay away from protracted boards, stay off insomnia board (there’s some horror stories on there u do not need to read) please listen to me on this. No disrespect to anyone on those boards but their story is not ur story. U do not need any more anxiety right now. Focus on the goal. Getting off no matter how shit u feel. Okay?

U got this!

Shayna,

You just did an awesome job supporting rennles!

That was awesome and you aren't even better yet!

Rennles, shayna is correct. My WD started while ON the Ativan for sleep, same thing , I didn't know what was happening and why I wasn't sleeping well.

If you can taper, that's the safest way to get off, but honestly if you are already having sleep issues while on it...it will likely be the same while coming off.

BUT, yes, MANY of us have survived this!!! You can too!

Thanks SB! When I’m up to it it really helps me get into the trenches with other buddies. U guys keep me strong when I’m down so I’m paying it forward!

Rennies! SB is right! U can do this. X