How many of you cut even when your badly symptomatic Plus a few other questions

[no...]

(if you are off completely please state so and answer questions below to the best of your knowledge thank you)

How many of you cut even when badly symptomatic?

Did it help with symptoms not at all or sometimes?

What Benzo do you take, what taper method are you using?

How often do you cut, and what dose/size are your cuts?

What was your starting dose and how long have you been on it?

What is your dose now?

Are your symptoms physical, Mental or both?

Do you get any windows/ times when you feel a bit better even if its only for very short periods occasionally or not at all?

And for those who don't mind answering but its not essential how old were you when you started and how old are you now? I was in my 20's and am now in my 60's, and have been on Diazepam 20+year's, including my present taper

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

(if you are off completely please state so and answer questions below to the best of your knowledge thank you)

Off 4 months.

Me. More than once

Absolutely not. It was an unmitigated disaster and took months to recover from and probably increase the length of my recovery.

I was doing cut and hold on diazepam.

I was a bit haphazard, a part of the problem. I tried to outline them in my signature but it's a guess because I can't remember all of it.

10mg for about 2.5 years I think. More than a year trying to get off it, so totalling around 4 years.

What is your dose now?

0mg benzo free

both

Do you get any windows/ times when you feel a bit better even if its only for very short periods occasionally or not at all?

It was up and down for the most part except when I had cut too fast, then it was atrocious. I haven't had the most stable living circumstances so I always attributed my ups and downs to external circumstances more than where I was at with my doses. If you have a moron yelling accusations at you when you have been suffering psychotic symptoms, it takes things out of your hands somewhat.

And for those who don't mind answering but its not essential how old were you when you started and how old are you now? I was in my 20's and am now in my 60's, and have been on Diazepam 20+year's, including my present taper

Power to you for going through this after so long on benzos. The time period spans from late 20s to early 30s for my journey.

author=Diaz-e-BAM link=topic=248797.msg3165846#msg3165846 date=1606302252]

author=nova 1 link=topic=248797.msg3165842#msg3165842 date=1606301575]

Off 4 months.

Me. More than once

Absolutely not. It was an unmitigated disaster and took months to recover from and probably increase the length of my recovery.

I was doing cut and hold on diazepam.

I was a bit haphazard, a part of the problem. I tried to outline them in my signature but it's a guess because I can't remember all of it.

10mg for about 2.5 years I think. More than a year trying to get off it, so totalling around 4 years.

What is your dose now?

0mg benzo free

both

It was up and down for the most part except when I had cut too fast, then it was atrocious. I haven't had the most stable living circumstances so I always attributed my ups and downs to external circumstances more than where I was at with my doses. If you have a moron yelling accusations at you when you have been suffering psychotic symptoms, it takes things out of your hands somewhat.

Power to you for going through this after so long on benzos. The time period spans from late 20s to early 30s for my journey.

Thanks very much for your reply and details Diaz-e-BAM  :hug:

I'll answer a couple of these. Yes, early on I cut doses when I felt terrible and it made me feel even more terrible. I learned to stop doing that and stabilise before cutting a dose.

I was about 38 when I was put on 4 mgs of Xanax a day. I cut down to 2.5 within a few months and stayed on that dose for many years.  I was 52 when I started tapering. I'm just about to hit the 12 month point of my taper and I'm down to .5.

I cut one dose off my daily regimen and hold for at least a month. My symptoms are physical and mental.

I suffer with a lot of symptoms and this taper has been extremely hard but I get a lot of windows and that keeps me going.

I'll answer a couple of these. Yes, early on I cut doses when I felt terrible and it made me feel even more terrible. I learned to stop doing that and stabilise before cutting a dose.

I was about 38 when I was put on 4 mgs of Xanax a day. I cut down to 2.5 within a few months and stayed on that dose for many years.  I was 52 when I started tapering. I'm just about to hit the 12 month point of my taper and I'm down to .5.

I cut one dose off my daily regimen and hold for at least a month. My symptoms are physical and mental.

I suffer with a lot of symptoms and this taper has been extremely hard but I get a lot of windows and that keeps me going.

Thanks SRR  :hug: I hope more people reply as I'm sure others will find the information you guys have so far given invaluable  :thumbsup:

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten:  :smitten:

I am cutting through hell symptoms because every dose is horrific and casing all my muscles to collapse and lose all tone.

Down to last 0.001mg of clonazepam and it still makes everything h collapse so badly I choke but without it being literally crushed.

I cut at the end of my taper when badly symptomatic.  It was awful, awful awful.  It was awful when I held and when I didn't.  It was still awful when I was off, until a few months went by, and I suddenly started to improve and feel better.  I am off now for two years, and I would say that the last six months of my taper were just awful.  Every where from .125mg of klonopin and under, everything felt bad and I did a micro taper where I used a liquid and went down very tiny amounts, like .01mg at a time and maybe even smaller. 

I cut at the end of my taper when badly symptomatic.  It was awful, awful awful.  It was awful when I held and when I didn't.  It was still awful when I was off, until a few months went by, and I suddenly started to improve and feel better.  I am off now for two years, and I would say that the last six months of my taper were just awful.  Every where from .125mg of klonopin and under, everything felt bad and I did a micro taper where I used a liquid and went down very tiny amounts, like .01mg at a time and maybe even smaller.

Hi GC  :hug: same here I tried miniscule DLMT and STILL felt like hell, no matter how I cut or how much or little its still all hell  :(

Hi Nova, I know you've been tapering about as long me (5 years) and it seems you've been having a hard time with it. It's hard to know what to suggest as it seems you can't get stable or am I wrong? If you find that long holds help then I would definitely not cut while in BWD. But if you can't get stable as some here then try to get to the point where your symptoms  are at least manageable and bearable.

Sometimes I cut, when badly symptomatic, usually after 3 weeks. Sometimes it made me feel better, sometimes not.

I take Klonopin and use "cut and hold". I've tried DMT, but it was worse.

I cut usually every 15-20 days, 5% at a time.

1 mg for 14 years, then CT-d and 1,75 mg for a month.

My dose now is 0,5 mg Klonopin and 5 mg Valium (I started to CO this back to Klonopin).

It is up and down. There are windows in the evenings usually and sometimes better days. Some cuts are easier, some harder, I don't know why.

My worse symptoms are mental.

I was about 38, when I started and am now 53.

How many of you cut even when badly symptomatic? Yes. Numerous times hoping it would help my intense withdrawl. My body did not adapt, and had to revert back to starting dose. Tried several times. I micro tapered to where I am at now, in a few months, and am completely unstable. Went from 9+ to 8.25  in 2 months. Completely fell apart. I have not been OK for a long time. Waiting for my body to accept current dose. Up dosing causes a paradox. Hence, I am stuck here.

Did it help with symptoms not at all or sometimes? never

What Benzo do you take, what taper method are you using? Xanax, dry cut

How often do you cut, and what dose/size are your cuts? It really varies. Early on, I was able to cut more, but now find even micro tapering difficult. I did have 3 medical setbacks that threw me out of my taperr, and had to start over. Each start over was at a higher dose. I also was very sloppy with dosing, not regular. Learned I can't do that, the CNS wont adapt. Have to be consistent in dosage and times.

What was your starting dose and how long have you been on it? 6 Mg's, 6 years.

What is your dose now? 8.75-9 Mg's

Are your symptoms physical, Mental or both? Both

No. I only feel good when I am able to exercise, which is not often these days. As soon as I finish, the withdraw comes right back. I exercised every day for years, and it did help get me through withdrawl. For the past 9 months, exercise has no longer been a big part of my life. Anytime I feel calm enough to go, I go. It averages about once a week.

And for those who don't mind answering but its not essential how old were you when you started and how old are you now? I was in my 20's and am now in my 60's, and have been on Diazepam 20+year's, including my present taper, Started at age 51, 57 now.

You didn't ask, but I am going to point out my biggest mistake: up dosing too many times when in a wave. 

How many of you cut even when badly symptomatic? Yes. Numerous times hoping it would help my intense withdrawl. My body did not adapt, and had to revert back to starting dose. Tried several times. I micro tapered to where I am at now, in a few months, and am completely unstable. Went from 9+ to 8.25  in 2 months. Completely fell apart. I have not been OK for a long time. Waiting for my body to accept current dose. Up dosing causes a paradox. Hence, I am stuck here.

Did it help with symptoms not at all or sometimes? never

What Benzo do you take, what taper method are you using? Xanax, dry cut

How often do you cut, and what dose/size are your cuts? It really varies. Early on, I was able to cut more, but now find even micro tapering difficult. I did have 3 medical setbacks that threw me out of my taperr, and had to start over. Each start over was at a higher dose. I also was very sloppy with dosing, not regular. Learned I can't do that, the CNS wont adapt. Have to be consistent in dosage and times.

What was your starting dose and how long have you been on it? 6 Mg's, 6 years.

What is your dose now? 8.75-9 Mg's

Are your symptoms physical, Mental or both? Both

No. I only feel good when I am able to exercise, which is not often these days. As soon as I finish, the withdraw comes right back. I exercised every day for years, and it did help get me through withdrawl. For the past 9 months, exercise has no longer been a big part of my life. Anytime I feel calm enough to go, I go. It averages about once a week.

And for those who don't mind answering but its not essential how old were you when you started and how old are you now? I was in my 20's and am now in my 60's, and have been on Diazepam 20+year's, including my present taper, Started at age 51, 57 now.

You didn't ask, but I am going to point out my biggest mistake: up dosing too many times when in a wave.

Good answer,( Think I'll add that one if I can) I also believe that I shouldn't have up-dosed while in a wave too, just help for longer, although an updose worked out well for me one time after that it made no difference and all it did was make me made at myself  for perusing further up-doses rather than take the attitude that it was normal withdrawal symptoms and letting them play out. But I had to move plus other stuff hence the up-doses, the one allowed me to pack my home up and move, which I didn't want to I loved my home but had a new troublesome neighbour move in above me  but after that further up-doses did noting at all. Except to put me i a place were I got a lot further and longer to get down from now, a huge piss off, and I'm really sorry your going through hell too BD :(:hug:

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...