am i going insane ?

[Ho...]

i have recently cold turkeyd xanax as i was a on and off user since the age of 16 i am now 18.  i had once experienced withdraws when i was 16 i was arrested and put in juvinile for around 2 weeks i went trough withdrawls with in days and i was back to normal after a few months of being free. 

around age 17 i started taking xanax again but i was only taking 1mg or .5 mg a day and would sometimes run out and i would stop for a week or so with no problem or symptoms i recently took a percocet and i didnt like it after that it caused me to not sleep so that was my way of opting out of taking anymore pills.

i now am drug free for about 6 and last dose of xanax was about a week or week and a half days.  i have multiple symptoms such as anxiety , short memory loss , i cant pay much attention and i cant seem to remember life before withdrawls and the most haunting symptom is insomnia i cant sleep comfortably or for long.

the first 2days where absolute no sleep at night but by the 3rd i started drinking pasi flower tea witch is a natural herb tea that promotes a good nights sleep and relaxes ones mind and body it surely help alot because it has now let me sleep for around 3-6 hours a night with waking up every hours or so its been like this for around 4 days now and i seemed to feel better mentally and physically just the only symptom that effects me deep down is being scared to sleep i feel as if when i lay flat in bed with only one pillow.

i panick my heart starts to race and the worst of worst thoughts run trough my mind wich often leads to me sleeping sitting down in a chair or sititing up very very straight other than that i cant lay in a bed flat without panicking.  i cant sleep for ling period of time as i constantly wake up.

i also experience short breaths as if i have to inhale very very deeply to juss even stisfy my lungs with enough air and i have real bad anxiety at night when i sleep most days i dont look foward to sleeping or bed time and i have short anxiety attacks but i managed to control them during the day , just at night its when things get scary and complicated.

im currently 18 and cold turkey for around 5-7 days sorry if its a bit long i just had to get this off my chest and please feel free to leave any tips or personal stories of you having the same problem and how you fixed it

Edit: Format

[a3...]

No, you're not going insane.  You're just experiencing what a lot of us have gone thru.  Benzo withdrawal can be pretty rough, and it tends to last a lot longer than most withdrawals.  Honestly, there are better drug choices out there.

Sleep may be a challenge for a while.  It will return eventually.  Try not to let the insomnia bother you - getting upset only makes it worse.

Seek calm.  Avoid anything that will cause you anxiety or anger or other 'negative' emotions.  Helps to stay busy - makes the time pass faster if nothing else. 

Many while withdrawing the first go around or in your case when you were 16 can be relatively easy. The second time around however doesn't go so easy and one many times will be experience severe WD symptoms. There is no rhyme or reason for the aforementioned unfortunately it's just the way it is. I know a few people who got of Benzos the first go around relatively easy only to find the second go around wasn't quite so easy. Just one of the many reasons Benzos in my personal opinion are one of the most dangerous drugs out there! One then obviously develops a false mindset thinking (IE) the second WD is going to go in a manner similar to the first withdrawal.