Benzo Free- No more Ambien or Valium!

[sa...]

It has been two months since my last sliver of Ambien and over three months since any Valium. I am mostly recovered, although I still get headaches, mostly at night. The stomach aches I got while taking the Ambien and while withdrawing from it are gone (I'm just left with my normal IBS stomach, but the benzo belly has left). My sleep is inconsistent but then it was before, the reason for taking the Ambien to begin with.

One odd thing now is that my sleep pattern has changed. I've been a night person my whole life. Even though I tried to force my body to do otherwise for work, it always reverted back if allowed to. For the past few months, I've been going to bed early and waking up early. I've been able to fall asleep fairly easily most nights, but I wake up earlier than I want to. Has anyone else experienced changed sleep patterns after benzo withdrawal?

Thanks to Benzo Buddies for the articles and to individuals who helped me see what was going on and what to do about it.

Sounds like you are doing fairly well! I really hope this continues for you and I'm glad you found out the dangers of these meds sooner than most:)

Yay!!

Hi  sandyglass

Congratulations at 3 months benzo free and 2 months off Ambien,  well done to you, it sounds like you are coping okay. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Magrita :smitten:

I can relate to the sleep patterns. During my early months I would really struggle with sleep, I was working in a shipyard and had to be there very early.

I am 20+ months benzo free now and struggle with sleep sometime. I can fall asleep easily but lately I wake up between 2 to 4 AM and it can take me sometimes two hours to get back to sleep. With working from home I can sleep later to get buy 7 hrs. I slept great last night and feel great today. Sleep is the key!

Stay tough....keep us posted...

I can relate to the sleep patterns. During my early months I would really struggle with sleep, I was working in a shipyard and had to be there very early.

I am 20+ months benzo free now and struggle with sleep sometime. I can fall asleep easily but lately I wake up between 2 to 4 AM and it can take me sometimes two hours to get back to sleep. With working from home I can sleep later to get buy 7 hrs. I slept great last night and feel great today. Sleep is the key!

Stay tough....keep us posted...

Thanks for your feedback J Stone. Do you think your sleep issues are from the benzo withdrawal. Did you have sleep problems before taking the benzo drugs? Sleep really does make the difference.