Author Topic: ADRENAL PROBLEMS AND BENZOS  (Read 10059 times)

[Buddie]

Re: ADRENAL PROBLEMS AND BENZOS
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2021, 06:35:14 pm »
I have low cortisol (way lower than normal for my age group, as per my endocrinologist). She had me make several tests (random morning cortisol levels, the ACTH stim test, MRI of the pituitary gland...).

The tests confirmed that the adrenal insufficiency is not primary (as per the ACTH stim test), it's not secondary either because my pituitary gland is fine. Therefore the doctor concluded the most probable cause of my low cortisol is my benzos use, she sees no other explanation.

She told there is a chance my cortisol levels will go back to normal once I'm off benzos, but not guaranteed.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2022, 01:25:17 pm »
UPDATE FOR ANYONE WHO HAS THIS ISSUE AND VISITS THE SITE : 27/01/22

Once off the Benzo's I returned two months later for a short s test. Oh my goodness my body went into overdrive, my adrenaline pumping and nausea. The nurse nodded his head and said 'you're back'.

I will never be able to prove it was the benzo's and no doubt no doctor in the country will be adding it to the 'side effects' on the box, but be aware if this is happening to you, then this may be the route cause.

Incredibly my cortisol levels went from dangerously low to exceptional after coming off the Diazepam.

Take care everyone!

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2022, 05:38:10 pm »
How long did it take after jumping for your adrenals to return to normal?  That is wonderful news...thank you for sharing!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2022, 07:44:59 pm »
May 2021 per the signature.

Thanks so much for letting us know.

I got into an argument a few weeks ago with someone and the adrenaline rush was extreme! My heart pounded hard and fast for an hour it was like the flood gates just opened but usually Iím a pretty calm cucumber it was very strange. It was like it was before all this it was like a tidal wave.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2022, 03:36:11 pm »
UPDATE FOR ANYONE WHO HAS THIS ISSUE AND VISITS THE SITE : 27/01/22

Once off the Benzo's I returned two months later for a short s test. Oh my goodness my body went into overdrive, my adrenaline pumping and nausea. The nurse nodded his head and said 'you're back'.

I will never be able to prove it was the benzo's and no doubt no doctor in the country will be adding it to the 'side effects' on the box, but be aware if this is happening to you, then this may be the route cause.

Incredibly my cortisol levels went from dangerously low to exceptional after coming off the Diazepam.

Take care everyone!

Hi thank you for sharing. Did it take until your post last month for adrenals to be better or was it in May last year when you jumped? How are you doing now symptom wise?

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2022, 10:34:10 pm »
Same here. I have been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and have all the symptoms. I wonder how much of my WD is related to adrenal fatigue at this stage (4 years). Unfortunately, the functional medicine doctor was not very helpful.