Jordan Peterson Released New Video

[Ch...]

He does not speak about  benzos or his treatment.

Why post this? Well he looks almost well and his communication ability appears back to normal level.

You can see his suffering in his eyes. He still appears fragile. But it is inspiring to know he could write a book while going through benzo withdrawal. I’m praying for his full recovery.

• 2 weeks later...
His daughter spoke briefly about him at her last video and said, hes been dealing with hell and summed it up as dealing with Akathisia. i dont think he sees this as a syndrome that stands alone because he has such an extensive history of anxiety and depression already.

Peterson family just released a new video with Wim Hoff. Dr. Peterson detailed how he's still suffering from akathisia and discomfort. One can clearly see how much his hands tremble during certain parts of the video along with the pain he's dealing with in his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8ALm2M09qA

So it looks like he's going to try the Wim Hoff breathing technique along with cold exposure therapy. Anyone think this will help him?

Peterson family just released a new video with Wim Hoff. Dr. Peterson detailed how he's still suffering from akathisia and discomfort. One can clearly see how much his hands tremble during certain parts of the video along with the pain he's dealing with in his voice.

So it looks like he's going to try the Wim Hoff breathing technique along with cold exposure therapy. Anyone think this will help him?

At the start of that video, Mikhaela informs the viewer that the video is from a while ago and Jordan is now doing much better.

I recommend the Wim Hof breathing techniques and cold exposure therapy to anybody who is prepared for a little shock to the system. Perhaps better for people who are fully tapered from meds but I only say that because that's when it started to work for me. It seems to have pushed me to a further level. I feel that it is helping my healing along quite a lot. Perhaps it would help somewhat during a taper but I don't have experience of that. It's hard for me to see how it would hurt, as long as you don't stress yourself too much, but I don't want to say definitely not because I haven't researched.

I think this breathing technique may have been too much for Jordan to handle at that stage of his recovery. I doubt he would have carried it on but I could be wrong.

At the start of that video, Mikhaela informs the viewer that the video is from a while ago and Jordan is now doing much better.

I recommend the Wim Hof breathing techniques and cold exposure therapy to anybody who is prepared for a little shock to the system. Perhaps better for people who are fully tapered from meds but I only say that because that's when it started to work for me. It seems to have pushed me to a further level. I feel that it is helping my healing along quite a lot. Perhaps it would help somewhat during a taper but I don't have experience of that. It's hard for me to see how it would hurt, as long as you don't stress yourself too much, but I don't want to say definitely not because I haven't researched.

I think this breathing technique may have been too much for Jordan to handle at that stage of his recovery. I doubt he would have carried it on but I could be wrong.

I watched the intro (which I had originally skipped) and you're right... she did say that. I wonder if the breathing technique/ cold therapy may have had something to do with him doing better?

I personally tried wim hoff and it made me more sensitized to the physical neurological symptoms I experience (I'm protracted). Granted I never stuck with it after 2 days. But it didn't create any setbacks for me or anything.

I agree in general I feel it's safe although one should still proceed with caution just in case. Another youtuber I follow (Dan Rockwell) said he tried it and had a seizure although based on comments from those vids he may have been doing a variation of Wim Hoff or just doing it wrong.

Weirdly, I just watched that video this morning. Yes, I'm sure that he forced it too much from how he described it. There has to be some amount of pushing the limit but if there is a strong urge to breathe, you shouldn't struggle to hold the breath. You just have to be sensible. You're going to get the tingling and stuff, it shows that it's working. If you do it more regularly, you don't have such an intense experience. At that point you can choose to push further. But if you just tick over with the basic breathing on a daily basis, that will help you stay balanced. I'm convinced by this.

I'm almost 5 months without benzos, definitely still have neurological symptoms. When I do the Wim Hof breathing, my tinnitus soars. But it settles down when the exercise is over and I feel calmer.