Clonazepam question, need answers please 👍

[ge...]

Hey guys, I have a question. I can see many users have been on Clonazepam (daily?) for years I mean they (guidelines) say you should only take it for 4 weeks. I mean to take such a high does daily for years, how? Doesn't it have permenant affects or can one actually taper off it and be back to almost normal?

Reason I'm asking this is because since lock down I have got an itch or neuropathic itch, nerves firing type thing on head and body. Makes me rub on face at times too. Skin is bad on body tho, very reactive on face and body, random areas of red spot outbreaks, makes no sense. Doesn't seem to heal properly. I know mostly probably it is my own stress which probably is the cause. I mean I haven't heard of this problem from anyone because of clonazepam. I took about 0.1mg per day for about a year, not too much, I would just break a 0.5mg tablet and and take when required, not daily but over the year it averages out at 0.1mg per day. So I mean how likely is it that clonazepam has caused this issue, I mean it's been 4 months since I stopped and the neuropathic itch seems to be getting worse. It started like 5 weeks after stopping clonazepam and there was a bit of this issue before and while taking it, but seemed to have got worse like a month after stopping clonazepam. Do you guys think clonazepam has caused it? Or was actually helping? Just coincidence?  ??? The cause may not matter, only the solution but I still wonder, that I took so little compared to what I see here and read about elsewhere , yet I've got quite a problem now ha...  What do you guys think? Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

It sounds like that little bit of Clonazepam was enough for your body to become dependent on, .5 mgs of Clonazepam is equal to 10 mgs of Valium, its a powerful drug.  Symptoms come and go and they can mutate into new ones or jump up as brand new ones.  I don't doubt the drug is causing your skin issues, I've read many members describe what you are.

As for your question about recovery after taking benzo's for years, it's absolutely possible to heal completely but it takes a long time to get there. 

.1 mgs clonazepam every day is still a daily dose of a powerful benzo.  When you stopped all at once (I guess you did not taper that?), it would take a bit of time to feel any reaction.  Daily use of even this amount can certainly cause some dependency.  .5 mgs of clonazepam is equivalent to about 10 mgs of valium.  So, you can think of .1 mgs of clonazepam as about 2 mgs of valium.  Clonazepam has a long half life and it takes awhile for it to leave your system completely.  Symptoms can begin even weeks after the last dose.  Neuropathy is a withdrawal symptom.  If this is why you have it, I don't know.  It's possible. 

Yes, people can heal and do heal, even after long term use of higher doses.  Yes, people return to a very normal wellness in time.

Have you checked your thyroid levels.  Long term use caused hypothyroidism in me and that lead to a bad rash on both arms and legs.  I got on a low dose as my levels were medically low but in the N.D. world extremely low.  My rash faded within a month and I had had it for years not knowing I was in tolerance withdrawal.

Maybe this will help. Good luck.

Klonkar

I was on 4mg of clonazepam for years. I’m now 28 years old and healthy.

I still have nasty waves at 35 months out. To put that into perspective.

I’m finally having windows of normal sometimes. I see other buddies in success stories that cold turkey off years of high Klonapin use and they heal.

But Pamster is right. Could take awhile. Hopefully not for you!!