10 years

[be...]

Been on 1.5 k.  For 10 years

If I can do a 2 year or so elimination

What are the chances for ever going to normal sleep?

I was given it to cover effects of cymbalta which is now gone

I’d hate to think I’ll never achieve normalcy again.      I used to sleep fine

First taper too fast ended up protracted reinstated

I think your taper schedule in your profile is about a previous taper?  And now you are asking about starting over?

If this is what you are asking about..I can try to answer.

First to say, Klonopin is not really for sleep.  It is for anxiety.  Certainly it can help with sleep by reducing anxiety.  For awhile.  Eventually, this fails.  Which is why people choose to taper and get benzo free.  The original symptoms the benzo used to mask the problem return. 

A taper of 10% each 2 weeks is advised.  The 10% is meant to be taken from whatever the current dose is, and not from the start dose.  This taper has to be flexible, because symptoms can change.  Follow symptoms.  If you are struggling more, reduce less and hold longer.

Insomnia is a very common withdrawal side effect of benzos.  This can happen even while still on the benzo.  It has to be endured and eventually heals.  There is no certainty that you will not have poor sleep during taper and withdrawal.  Eventually, sleep returns. 

Please try not to project into the future.  Manage your taper as you go.  Expect difficulties and expect success, too.  Fear of the future will not prevent the future from happening as it will.

You can get benzo free.  It takes rime patience and courage.  You will sleep again.