Total insomnia

[Be...]

I have total insomnia for weeks now, I lost sleep phase, I’m confused, I can’t talk anymore, my brain is shutting off, total cognitive impairment, long and short term memory loss, loss of IQ, loss of motor skills, and it is getting worse night by night, I’m not improving, my eyes are shutting off. I lost hope I’m gonna die. I’m 5 months off and I’m getting worse everyday.

Benzonomore, I do understand how you feel. I've walked in your shoes. The road is rough, the hills are sometimes like Mt Everest, but I don't believe it's going to end that way for us.  Keep putting those tracks behind you. There are those who've done it before us and those who will follow.

Things will slowly improve and then you take steps back, then a few ahead. Five months isn't very long to be benzo free. I honestly thought it was take less than five, but it takes as long as it does. There is no set time or reason for it. Just know that as each day passes, you are moving ahead.

Your symptoms are the same or similar to mine.  Sometimes I would say a word and another similar sounding word would come out. I make a lot of notes and have have reminders come up on my outlook express calendar. I use sticky notes above my coffee pot in the kitchen.  I was always a great speller, but even that has taken a hit.  You won't die the ones before us say.  I am living proof of that. 

Hang in there.

NG

Benzonomore, I do understand how you feel. I've walked in your shoes. The road is rough, the hills are sometimes like Mt Everest, but I don't believe it's going to end that way for us.  Keep putting those tracks behind you. There are those who've done it before us and those who will follow.

Things will slowly improve and then you take steps back, then a few ahead. Five months isn't very long to be benzo free. I honestly thought it was take less than five, but it takes as long as it does. There is no set time or reason for it. Just know that as each day passes, you are moving ahead.

Your symptoms are the same or similar to mine.  Sometimes I would say a word and another similar sounding word would come out. I make a lot of notes and have have reminders come up on my outlook express calendar. I use sticky notes above my coffee pot in the kitchen.  I was always a great speller, but even that has taken a hit.  You won't die the ones before us say.  I am living proof of that. 

Hang in there.

NG

The problem is I didn’t get not a minute of sleep in all those weeks I don’t even doze anymore. I’m so confused. My brain doesn’t want to wake up.

You have to be feeling worse than you have ever felt before. It is horrible. The toll it takes on our bodies and brains is more than we ever dreamed of. According to many on here, we do get micro sleeps that we are not aware of. I know this does not help how terrible you feel.

Read what Theway2 says. He has been very helpful to many of us. 

NG

You have to be feeling worse than you have ever felt before. It is horrible. The toll it takes on our bodies and brains is more than we ever dreamed of. According to many on here, we do get micro sleeps that we are not aware of. I know this does not help how terrible you feel.

Read what Theway2 says. He has been very helpful to many of us. 

NG

I don’t get micro sleeps because I wouldn’t be worse everyday if I would get them, I have all symptoms of fatal insomnia or something similar, benzos never worked for my sleep, cognitive impairment, problems with speech, mental deterioration, loss of motor skills, dementia (long term and short term memory loss), severe confusion, my brain is half asleep it doesn’t wake up anymore, zero sleep for weeks progressively got worse since December. I’m sure I’m dying. I can’t function anymore my brain almost not working anymore, slower everyday.

was having serious insomnia for years that intensified during taper . I take edibles now  I told my doc its legal here. Prob not the best but I needed the sleep.

was having serious insomnia for years that intensified during taper . I take edibles now  I told my doc its legal here. Prob not the best but I needed the sleep.

Problem is that I don’t have normal insomnia when brain is over active, I have underactive brain, it works less everyday.

Benzonomore, have you tried listening to self hypnosis on You Tube? Michael Sealey and Lina Grace have some great ones with lots of choices.

Lina has an 8 hour one, Michael has hour or so ones, that will move on to the next one, so there is no sudden quiet. 

Their voices are quiet and soothing. 

They're called micro sleep for a reason...you most likely are not aware of them?

Essentially, microsleeps appear to be brief, selective shutdowns. They occur as sleep pressure builds. Nitric oxide, adenosine, and other substances build up the longer you're awake. These substances increase sleep pressure, triggering feelings of sleepiness. Certain areas of the brain like the frontal cortex seem to be more susceptible to fatigue.

Sometimes, even when you feel awake, it's possible that your entire brain might not be online. This phenomenon is called microsleep, which many animals have and seems to occur in humans too. It appears that some regions of the brain occasionally “go offline,” or rather, goes into what looks like a “blip” of deep sleep, even though the rest of the brain is awake. This seems particularly true for brain regions not actively engaged by current activities.

Researchers speculate that this mechanism might help the brain restore responsiveness. Lasting as short as microseconds, microsleep may partially explain mind-wandering and mind-blanking.

Other NIH studies suggest micro sleep might also play a role in behavioral performance and the way people perceive things.

When tired, the brain switches into some of the patterns associated with light sleep. These episodes show up as identifiable changes to brain activity in sleep research:

During wakefulness, your brain shows background alpha waves on an electroencephalography (EEG).

However, during a microsleep, the brain briefly displays slower theta waves.

Areas of the brain associated with visual processing slow down.  So do those in charge of consciousness/wakefulness. Brain scans of micro sleep episodes reveal reduced thalamus activity. This part of the brain serves as a sensory switchboard, relaying incoming data to appropriate cortices for interpretation.

Same here, I have been looking for some working methods to beat it but no luck... I think I will get some medicine from [url://www.enhanceclub.com/]online pharmacy[/url] now. What do you guys recommend? I would like to get any tips on it here, thank you!

I have total insomnia for weeks now, I lost sleep phase, I’m confused, I can’t talk anymore, my brain is shutting off, total cognitive impairment, long and short term memory loss, loss of IQ, loss of motor skills, and it is getting worse night by night, I’m not improving, my eyes are shutting off. I lost hope I’m gonna die. I’m 5 months off and I’m getting worse everyday.

My first 8 - 12 months were like that. Every second was a nightmare and I never slept. During the day I layed in the floor sick and at night I paced.

I had been on a high dose of anti convulsants for 30 years. I was rapid tapered off almost all of it.

I thought I was gona die as well. You just have to get thru one minute at a time. You will get thru it.

Good Luck

My first 8 - 12 months were like that. Every second was a nightmare and I never slept. During the day I layed in the floor sick and at night I paced.

I had been on a high dose of anti convulsants for 30 years. I was rapid tapered off almost all of it.

I thought I was gona die as well. You just have to get thru one minute at a time. You will get thru it.

Good Luck

I don’t have normal insomnia with overactive brain when you can’t sleep, my sleep is totally gone, I don’t have sleep state anymore, my brain doesn’t wake up, it doesn’t switch on and off, I can’t go to sleep because it doesn’t exists anymore, my brain is under active, I don’t even dream anymore because my brain can’t produce picture, I almost don’t see through the day, I can’t think, I don’t have cognitive functions anymore, I don’t have motor skills anymore, my brain works less everyday, there is no brakes for my brain anymore and it is getting worse and worse. I’m weaker everyday, I’m not fully aware anymore I’m stucked between awake and asleep. My brain is completely fried from multiple CTs.

Sorry, but you answered your own questions.  Unfortunately there are not any "magic" potions, pills or OTC remedies to "fix" your sleep. 

You already tried Rx drugs and found that doesn't work.

Short of an Rx drug, there isn't anything you can do except accept your situation until it gets better.

Time is the healer....

Sorry, but you answered your own questions.  Unfortunately there are not any "magic" potions, pills or OTC remedies to "fix" your sleep. 

You already tried Rx drugs and found that doesn't work.

Short of an Rx drug, there isn't anything you can do except accept your situation until it gets better.

Time is the healer....

I know there is no pill to put me asleep, nothing can put me asleep as my sleep stage is gone, I lost 15kg in 2 months, I’m losing my vision, my brain is working less everyday, I won’t survive I feel it my brain is fried and it won’t get better I’m 6 months off, and not even a slight improvement, it’s worse everyday I have qeeg on Saturday and PET/CT next month if I will still be alive, my brain will give up, I’m not fully alert anymore, brain dead. It’s hard to describe what I feel but I’m sure I’m dying, that’s not normal for withdrawal, I wouldn’t be scared if I would have normal insomnia, people with normal withdrawal insomnia can think, have long term memory, can see, can walk, can talk,have motor skills and working brain, are aware, they are awake, they just can’t sleep.

Unfortunately 6 months off from that many cold turkeys is very early in the healing and recovery timeline.

It may take a lot longer than you'd like before sleep starts to get better.

You seem to type pretty well and write coherent thoughts for someone that is "brain dead?"

Yes, feeling like you are dying is very "normal" during WD.  I thought I was dying every single day while I was in WD!

All of the things you claim you can't do, you are doing and the proof is that you are able to post on this forum.  You CAN think, you CAN see and you HAVE motor skills (or you wouldn't be able to type), You ARE aware of what is going on or you wouldn't be able to log into this site, etc, etc,.

No one knows how long it will take for your sleep to return as it is unique to each person, but it will return given enough time.

I know you are suffering and looking for answers, but there really aren't any? 

Time and acceptance will help you get through this.

Good luck!

Unfortunately 6 months off from that many cold turkeys is very early in the healing and recovery timeline.

It may take a lot longer than you'd like before sleep starts to get better.

You seem to type pretty well and write coherent thoughts for someone that is "brain dead?"

Yes, feeling like you are dying is very "normal" during WD.  I thought I was dying every single day while I was in WD!

All of the things you claim you can't do, you are doing and the proof is that you are able to post on this forum.  You CAN think, you CAN see and you HAVE motor skills (or you wouldn't be able to type), You ARE aware of what is going on or you wouldn't be able to log into this site, etc, etc,.

No one knows how long it will take for your sleep to return as it is unique to each person, but it will return given enough time.

I know you are suffering and looking for answers, but there really aren't any? 

Time and acceptance will help you get through this.

Good luck!

I didn’t type that alone, I’m not able to, I can’t speak in English, I told my cousin few things and she put all that together, I can barely talk with her, she see me on another planet and confused, she is really worried for me, she can see me deteriorating every single day more. She is saying that what is happening to me isn’t normal she is a nurse and she saw people withdrawing from benzos, but what she is seeing here is really worrying. She is feeding me and showering because I can’t use my hands. I was at the o ophthalmologist few days ago and I didn’t remember the names of the colors. My brain is completely fried, no hope for me anymore, you can’t heal totally without sleep and I didn’t sleep for weeks my cognitive function and mental health are getting worse and worse, my brain is blocked. I give up, I will be dead in a month. If I would at least sleep 30min or an hour I wouldn’t worry but I don’t. And my Eyes really doesn’t work anymore, my brain can’t produce picture, I almost doesn’t see anymore and this is real.

Sadly, I am becoming a veteran of insomnia.  I was recently at a place where I didn't lose consciousness for days and days on end, for weeks on end. 

I updosed (not saying that is what anybody else should do) and began a search for stuff that my body could tolerate.  I have since resumed my taper and here is what is working for me:

Melatonin - but not too much.  .3 to .5 mgs.  when I took a higher dose, it woke me up. 

Hydroxyzine 25mg- a non-addictive anti-histamine by prescription.  (couldn't tolerate benedryl)  It does knock me out but it leaves a gooey hangover for a day so I only use it once or twice a week.

Lavender gel caps - 80mg - they work - help out with vibrating and agitation.  They cancel testosterone and promote estrogen so use with caution.  It is said that they work on GABA receptors so do your research.  They work for me too, but I have a hangover headache often.    Small price to pay.  I take them only once or twice a week.

What didn't work for me:  magnesium (awful agitation),  sleep apps/mediation,  cannabis/CBD.  Maybe these things will work for me later - but now they don't.