Question about PG and ratio to use to make my dose

[li...]

If I have .5mg of clonzapam and want to make two even doses for the day.  I saw there is a ratio  of 1mg to 2mgPG  8mg water

does this mean if i just want to do one pill a day do I dissolve .5mg in 1mg of PG and add 4mg water then draw out 2.5mg of the solution to create two doses of .25mg of klonpin to take twice a day?

Im very confused byt the math.  I just want to divide my klonpin into two doses no tapering.  I need help so desperagte becuase it has to be as close to perfect as possible since my body goes haywire over every little change or even if a morsel is missing.

[86...]

The PG helps the klonopin to dissolve.  It's not soluble in water so needs to be dissolved in PG first.  You can use as much PG as you like (within reason) and as much water as you like after the pill is dissolved in the PG.

Maybe think of it like sautéing some spices in a little oil before adding a bunch of broth to a recipe.  The flavors are extracted far more efficiently into oil, so you sauté first then add the liquid.  In our case the pill is the spice, the oil is the PG and the broth is the water.

So you can add 1 ml of PG to the pill, but it might be easier to add 2-3 ml.  You can add 8 ml of water or you can add 98 ml of water or you can add 298 ml of water.  If you add water to make 10 ml (total) then removing 1 ml is a 10% reduction.  If you add water to make 100 ml (total) then removing 10 ml is a 10% reduction.  If you add water to 300 ml, then you have to remove 30 ml for a 10% reduction.

Hope this helps you picture what's going on.

The PG helps the klonopin to dissolve.  It's not soluble in water so needs to be dissolved in PG first.  You can use as much PG as you like (within reason) and as much water as you like after the pill is dissolved in the PG.

Maybe think of it like sautéing some spices in a little oil before adding a bunch of broth to a recipe.  The flavors are extracted far more efficiently into oil, so you sauté first then add the liquid.  In our case the pill is the spice, the oil is the PG and the broth is the water.

So you can add 1 ml of PG to the pill, but it might be easier to add 2-3 ml.  You can add 8 ml of water or you can add 98 ml of water or you can add 298 ml of water.  If you add water to make 10 ml (total) then removing 1 ml is a 10% reduction.  If you add water to make 100 ml (total) then removing 10 ml is a 10% reduction.  If you add water to 300 ml, then you have to remove 30 ml for a 10% reduction.

Thanks so much for your help with this. Was wondering about the ratio came I saw where for every 1mg of benzo to use 2ml of PG and 8ml of water . Have you or anyone seen this? 

Im unable to dissolve the pill using PG 100% food grade.  Does it need to be mixed with water to do so?  When I use vodka I let that dissolve first and it does so pretty easily I wawnt to switch over to using PG

[86...]

The filler material in the pill may not be soluble in PG.  The drug is.  Fillers comprise 99% of the pill's weight.  When you put the pill into the PG, crush up the pill so the drug has a chance to dissolve.  Mix it around a bit.  I'd give it a good 5 minutes with occasional mixing for the drug to be well solubilized.

If you want to experiment a bit, you might try to dissolve the pill in 75% PG; 25% water (1.5 ml PG; 0.5 ml water).  The pill might dissolve better which might put you more at ease.  The drug should still be plenty soluble in 75% PG.