Extreme worry.

[01...]

[01...]

I tapered off klonopin 7 months ago. During acute I had some minor insomnia, bad akathisia, high anxiety, panic, fatigue, weakness...it was bad. It's been bad like that since I got off. Now in the last three weeks or so its been mostly intrusive thoughts. Things have gotten oh so much worse with these its ridiculous. I have an intrusive thought about almost everything I do. Suicidal thoughts too. It scares me really bad. I had bad intrusive thoughts and suicidal feelings in the morning and went for a drive (agoraphobia has seemed to improve) During my drive, I had the craziest fucking psychotic break yet, I literally felt as if I was losing my grip on my life and reality and prayed to God it would just let up or end. Well, 3 or so hours later I got a break and started crying and was so happy just to not feel so damn crazy. It lasted a couple of hours and then my anxiety kicked in again and here we go again.

Is it normal to not have mental symptoms like this until being off like in month 6 and 7?

I didn't have this in acute, it was just classic high anxiety and panic. Lately my anxiety has reached new heights where I seriously feel like I'm losing touch with being normal. Is this from being under extreme stress for so long or is it normal. I really hope this is part of healing and I'm not giving myself brain damage or something. I have to try to remember its just anxiety and me being worried means I'm actually sane and my brain is just doing weird stuff.

Anyone else deal with stuff like this and not until a little later off?

I tapered off klonopin 7 months ago. During acute I had some minor insomnia, bad akathisia, high anxiety, panic, fatigue, weakness...it was bad. It's been bad like that since I got off. Now in the last three weeks or so its been mostly intrusive thoughts. Things have gotten oh so much worse with these its ridiculous. I have an intrusive thought about almost everything I do. Suicidal thoughts too. It scares me really bad. I had bad intrusive thoughts and suicidal feelings in the morning and went for a drive (agoraphobia has seemed to improve) During my drive, I had the craziest fucking psychotic break yet, I literally felt as if I was losing my grip on my life and reality and prayed to God it would just let up or end. Well, 3 or so hours later I got a break and started crying and was so happy just to not feel so damn crazy. It lasted a couple of hours and then my anxiety kicked in again and here we go again.

Is it normal to not have mental symptoms like this until being off like in month 6 and 7?

I didn't have this in acute, it was just classic high anxiety and panic. Lately my anxiety has reached new heights where I seriously feel like I'm losing touch with being normal. Is this from being under extreme stress for so long or is it normal. I really hope this is part of healing and I'm not giving myself brain damage or something. I have to try to remember its just anxiety and me being worried means I'm actually sane and my brain is just doing weird stuff.

Anyone else deal with stuff like this and not until a little later off?

It is perfectly normal to go through all that.So sorry you are going through that.

Just know you have so much strength to handle it and you will get through it.

We all got through it. Which things can you do to distract.?

Bexlan

It was "normal" for me to have these same thoughts and feelings lespaul.  Still get them a little, like they lurk at the back of my mind.  But at say 10 months had really scary intrusive thoughts, suicidal ideation, self harm.  Hope this is ok to write here. 

I'm now 22 months off Valium and things have much improved though not out of the woods yet.  Just wanted you to know you are not alone it is the most f'd up thing imaginable.  I've seen others talk of same, so WE are not alone.  Just got to keep pushing forward in the knowledge that it does get better.

I'm so sorry lespaul, I really do know how you feel. 

It gets better.  Hang in. 

Dee

:smitten:

It's especially a Klonopin thing. It seems like Klonopin users get the most insane mental symptoms. Been through them myself. It's normal and does pass.

From my experience, I can say yes, this happens.  I am now 28 months benzo free after 15 years of use.  Last s[ring, I was about 22 months free, I had a terrible wave.  It was like psychotic like symptoms, really terrible. Hang in there, it happens to people.