Weighted Blankets Can Decrease Insomnia Severity

[Th...]

According to this research:

Weighted blankets are a safe and effective intervention in the treatment of insomnia, according to Swedish researchers who found that insomnia patients with psychiatric disorders experienced reduced insomnia severity, improved sleep and less daytime sleepiness when sleeping with a weighted chain blanket.

Read the full article here:  https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/09/200923124740.htm

Please note that Benzo induced insomnia may not respond to a weighted blanket or anything else for that matter.

I got one last year and it worked like a charm, but that was before I'd taken any of this poison.

Now when I try it, it's too heavy for me, as I've lost so much weight.

I move around in my sleep so much, or lack of sleep, I can't lift the blanket very well when I want to flip etc.

It would probably help someone who is off and healing quite well.

True, a weighted blanket will almost never touch Benzo induced insomnia.

But for someone that has been off for a while and sleep is starting to return, it could help?

I definitely agree theway. At the very least I love my blanket coz it’s so cozy which makes me look forward to bed, which is a positive anyway x

Just be careful anyone who has a weakened muscle state.

I tried my blanket again the other night and I literally pulled a back muscle and had it spasm all the next day and night.

I think I will save this for when I'm done tapering and off for a bit.

Clearly, I need to be stronger.

my 14 year old daughter with ADHD loves hers and it's sad, but is so much stronger than me now  >:(

But I will prevail, whether it takes me a year or so, I will

Keep warm everyone, as winter has arrived in Canada with our first snowfall in Toronto yesterday.

WinnieDog

I’m sorry to hear that Winnie. I remember having trouble with mine when I was very thin and weak too x I have a son with autism but he kicks his off! Glad it’s helping ur daughter. One day u will be as strong as her again x

• 3 weeks later...
I had one that my mom made me. It took me a while to get used to it. It mostly helped because I was twitching and jerking all over the place when I was trying to fall asleep. Which I think helped me from twitching and jerking as much, making it easier to fall asleep if I was going to. I turned mine sideways because it started hurting my legs in the middle of the night. My wife and I affectionately called it my "straightjacket".  :laugh:  :crazy: