new to the deperssion board on here

[ju...]

my name is mike and i live in the north eastern part of the united states.....  i suspect i am dealing with depression due to the seasonal change ..... i am stuck in the hours because of the cold weather and it getting dark at 530 pm  i pretty much lay in bed all day unless i get on the treadmill because there is nothing i can do i have a bored line agoraphobia  any ideas on things i can do besides watch youtube movies and  tv    i also lift weights 

Are you still tapering, I see you haven't updated your signature in awhile. 

Yeah, this winter is going to be tough on everyone, the isolation, cold and darkness make it worse.  I've been recovered for many years and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to fill my days so I get it.

I've been reading articles lately about those lights they sell for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), you might try ordering one of those.  Do you like to read, I've found it's a good escape.  Can you get out during the day at all, just making sure I get a couple of walks in each day helps my mental health. 

thanks for the reply pamster    no i am not tapering i am still on that exact same dose  my hours of sleep are constantly switching all the time it seems my body likes being up late and sleeping half the day away i am going to bed at 6 to 630am and waking up about 3 to 4 pm  so there is only about 2.5 hours of light after i get up.....  i am not big on reading unless it has to do with cars or constriction  lol  i never heard of the light you mentioned  not sure if they would be a good idea though because house lights tend to over stimulate me 

I'm really concerned about your sleep schedule, not getting any sunlight is not good for depression, it also prevents you from going outside and interacting safely.  I know you're suffering with agoraphobia, I did too but I fought it and challenged myself to go out, starting with short outings then increasing my exposure.

It sounds like you're in tolerance, is there something preventing you from continuing your taper?

i dont think i am in tolerance  or i would be suffering from alot of other issues i have hit tolerance before 3 times and i know what it is like yes i am not gettiing very much sunlight but i hope to switch my hours again soon... and  i can go outside and sit as long as i want or walk around my neighborhood i just cant drive or go far from my house i fought the agoraphobia back that far atleast which from being trapped in my room at the start of it i consider i beat it pretty well

• Popular Now