terror, terror, terror

[ph...]

I know this has a million threads (though I struggle to find the most recent ones), but would love to interact with anyone who's dealing with terror right now.

It is, without hesitation, the worst feeling I've ever experienced in my life. The past couple months it's been relentless. I'm nearly 11 months off. Thought I escaped withdrawal until I started having sx 5 months off. Oh boy, had no idea what I was in for.

Interestingly enough, I've felt something close to this before Klonopin (though I was on Prozac so I think that messed with me too). I would have a mix of this terror feeling with normal anxiety when having a bad conflict with someone. But it would always fade with resolution/time. But benzo terror knows no laws like these. It comes out of nowhere and stays for however long it wants, as many of you know.

So now I'm in a weird spot where I've got terror all the time, but then any bit of conflict/bad news sends me into a spiral of worsened, severe terror. And I get stuck. Or I get stuck without conflict anyway.

Hugs to all.

Can you tell us what your thoughts are when you're experiencing the terror, does it depend on what triggers it or is it the same theme all the time?

I don't really have any thoughts attached to it most of the time. It's just an overwhelming bad feeling, sick to stomach, gut reaction of deep fear/uneasiness. It's like the physical reaction you get when you hear terrible terrible news but stuck in a loop and not really a response to real life.

• 2 weeks later...