I made a mistake

[ro...]

Hi .....i'm going to be honest,i messed up.  i have been off 7 years. my husband got parkision and my life went to hell; i got back on to cope.

I'm on 2 and half klonopin  .  0.5 mgs.

I'm so messed up because iI was doing so good then I lost my home husband got Parkisions and i'm his caregiver 24/7 like a baby. So the anxity hit hard

I'm only supposed to be on 2 pills ,0.5 2 times a day but im on an extra half i should not be on.  Im trying to get off th half first then go to the Dr to taper.

Please don't judge I hade my life taken away.  I need help to get off the half.  My stomach is killing me . Sleep is bad. Please help.

Don't beat yourself up so much!  You're human.  Life has become really stressful and you're dealing with it the best you can.  Nobody can ask for more than that.  The stomach pains are the result of stress, I have them too.

I'm sorry I can't give you any withdrawal advice, hopefully others can.  :smitten:

Robbin

That is a lot of stress.  I can understand that you went back to the benzos, just to alleviate that.  Be kind to yourself.  You are only human.

It is a good idea to get back to just what you are prescribed.  I am not clear how long you have been back on, and how long you have been at the extra .5 mgs.  If it is a short time, then do your best to taper back to just the .5 twice a day to begin.  If it has been a few months, maybe do that slower.

The taper suggestion is 10% each 2 weeks.  Make a plan.  Know that doctors are not always benzo wise and may suggest a rapid taper.  Perhaps suggest that you want to do a symptom based taper or just 10% each two weeks. 

Stomach pain is stress related.  Insomnia is stress, too.  To get some sleep, you can try various methods.  They sound like they won't be good enough, but altogether they help.

1.  can you google 4,7,8 breathing?  It activates the parasympathetic nervous system.  Benzos put it to sleep.  But we need it to function to stay calm.

2.  locate the vagus nerve on your neck and massage it for 2 minutes several times a day.  It is a direct link to the parasympathetic nervous system.  You can google that, too.

3.  look up binaural beats on utube and listen.  Binaural beats activate the beta waves in the brain and beta are sleep waves.  Lay in the dark and listen while 4,7,8 breathing or just breathing very calmly and slowly.

4.  chammomile tea extra strength

5.  epsom salt bath, 20 minutes

6.  consider trying an amino acid in the evening.  L-theanine is very soothing.  Get it at the health food store.

I am sorry for your losses and struggles.  Life demands so much resilience.  Take care.

Hi .....i'm going to be honest,i messed up.  i have been off 7 years. my husband got parkision and my life went to hell; i got back on to cope.

I'm on 2 and half klonopin  .  0.5 mgs.

I'm so messed up because iI was doing so good then I lost my home husband got Parkisions and i'm his caregiver 24/7 like a baby. So the anxity hit hard

I'm only supposed to be on 2 pills ,0.5 2 times a day but im on an extra half i should not be on.  Im trying to get off th half first then go to the Dr to taper.

Please don't judge I hade my life taken away.  I need help to get off the half.  My stomach is killing me . Sleep is bad. Please help.

Hey! I'm not here to judge you. You are under a lot of stress.

I'm not so clear if the extra 0.5 was a one-off or have you been taking it a while?

The reason I ask is that if it is a one off, no biggie, a one off update in my experience has not caused any major setbacks.

If it has been a while, that's ok, you're under stress, but please don't just stop the extra half, its too big a drop, titrate it down slowly, or you will get slammed.

I don't want you to get slammed.

Blessings to you.

Journey....I'm not understanding . I was at almost 3. I tapered to 0.466 then i went to 0.460 then I went to 0.450 and it hit me hard.  The anxity ,the depression, the insomina ,so i went back up to 0.455 .  Its a little better but I still cry all day and have anxity and the shakes and my BP is not good.  The insomnia is still bad but I try and get some when it happens, the tiredness.

Its so hard.

Robbin,

I know how you feel about the guilt because that's how I relapsed. I was taking care of my dad when he died of cancer. Horrible stuff that a caregiver must carry alone. I take care of my Mom now she is slowing down and fights depression.

Dont beat yourself up over taking more because you need to just focus on the now and you. There are better ways to maintain balance. You just need to find what works for you. Do it!

Journey....I'm not understanding . I was at almost 3. I tapered to 0.466 then i went to 0.460 then I went to 0.450 and it hit me hard.  The anxity ,the depression, the insomina ,so i went back up to 0.455 .  Its a little better but I still cry all day and have anxity and the shakes and my BP is not good.  The insomnia is still bad but I try and get some when it happens, the tiredness.

Its so hard.

Sorry for late reply.

Heartbreaking that you cry all day, maybe in my limited knowledge it was good you recognised the cut was too much and went back up.

Glad its a little better though. Insomnia is senseless isn't it, wide awake at night and tired during the day.

I used to think insomniacs should not bother going to bed if they cant sleep but it doesn't work like that does it.

If I were you I would taper slowly when you are next stable enough, I would maybe try a milk titration, that's what im gonna do when the time feels right. I'm 8 days into a 1mg val cut, dunno if I feel it as I dont know my lag time.

Try to be kind to urself. U have had a lot of stress and pressure on u. U are doing the best u can. Take one day at a time just keep moving forward x it’s enough

Im trying.  The stress is so hard.  My husband keeps falling and its so hard to get him up.

I am going such small cuts and i'ts still killing me.  The depression and anxiety are so bad.

I have to care for him like a baby and I have no support. I have only been able to go down 1 point every 2 weeks and the depression is so bad; I cant do any larger with having to care for him.  I am so alone.and sad.

Robbin I know how u feel I do. I have a disable husband with stroke, a son with autism. I know how it feels to be sick and having to look after people. I am so sorry for what u are going thru. I don’t know why life tests some of us. Maybe because we are stronger. I know u are sad I am too. I’m sad all the time that this has happened to us. But all we can do is put one foot in front of the other. If u can’t cut just hold for a little while. I’ve had to do that. Just keep moving forward no matter how slowly x

Everytime something happens with my wife's health I end up updosing...shit happens and we need to do what we have to so we can function for those that need us.

Is so hard being a care giver and trying to get off this crap.  im still struggling to taper without the horrendous anxiety and depression.

0.455 . I take one point off and I'm so depressed and down I cant cope.  And being on it to makes me feel horriable too.

I tried to go down to 0.454 that one little point and it was so bad.  Don't know what to do.

I’m sorry to hear that. Maybe u need to wait until things maybe stabilize a bit? I know for some of us that doesn’t happen.,, I’ve never stabilized so I have to just keep going

Not sure what a k thread is.  Ihave been trying to go down even one point but I just cant cope.  Im having trouble coping were Im at now and with a disabled husband to care for this is not good.  Ihave to do everything for him, bath him ,wipe his butt, dress him .  im really struggling with this but I want off itmakes me more depressed.

I DIDN'T know it would be this hard even at such a slow taper.