One month off Benzo(Clonazepam) - Last night was terrible

[ha...]

Last night was terrible, for the first time I have faced new WD symptoms after almost a month after Benzo free.(10/16)

Head pressure

felt like alcohol Hangover headache

light headed & mild brain shocks

mild anxiety like symptoms

Blurred vision - Woke up at around 5 am with blurred vision suddenly - Initially I felt like I has stroke as I have not seen this symptom earlier, after sometime it went away & has not occurred again for last few hours.

Did not sleep the whole night; Even if I fell asleep  the used to wake up suddenly.

All these days I was just wondering why I have no WD symptoms while other buddys reporting a lot.

Most of the symptoms that I see while at the end of the taper are left shoulder pain(Muscle pain),occasional light episodes of Panic attacks, Chest pains( most of the heart palpitations masked by Propronol that I am using for BP medication). I was initially concerned only about cognitive issues & now new things have shown up that I need to worry about.

Can someone tell me what I am going through and how long these symptoms last? Should I need to worry about these symptoms?

I really appreciate your answers..

Thanks in Advance.

I B had new symptoms come and god for 3 years now. A month off is super early in WD. New symptoms will pop in and out of all part of the process.

Symptoms will come and go, some leaving for good with others taking their place, our recovery is not linear, this is why we're so desperate, we never know from day to day how we're going to feel.  I found reading chapter 3 of The Ashton Manual made me feel better, I felt like what I was going through was normal. 

Have you read these posts, they'll help you understand whats happening to you a little more. 

Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?

What is happening in your brain

What you're experiencing is normal but its rough..I'm sorry. Symptoms will eventually fade..sometimes they stay away or they come back to visit for a bit.

Then a new symptoms can pop up that will surprise you and maybe even concern you...it too will go. Most experience the windows and waves, and it is definitely a real thing.

But things def get better...just maybe not as quick as we want. Like at 9 months I rarely get my whooshing tinnitus anymore, and when I do its brief and mild. I can watch TV again. Anxiety is a ton less. I sleep solid 95% of the time ( I'll be glad when my dreams stop being vividly weird though...).

Acute is such an insane stage of this...hang in there. Day by day...moment by moment if necessary. In month one there were times I rocked in the corner sobbing for it all to just stop. I barely cry anymore. I used to cry daily. Another improvement.

All of this is temporary in the big picture of the rest of your life..:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hang in there Hari

I’m just ahead of you, and we are still so early in our recovery, and everything you’re describing is normal. Saying how long it will take is something I wish for too, but we are all so different and heal at different rates. Hopefully over time, even if symptoms pop in and out, they reduce in intensity as Trina talks about.

Trina, thank you for always sharing specifics... it helps to normalize these very traumatic stages of recovery. The crying is a huge one for me. My eyes are so sore from all of the tears! I’m encouraged to read that that has significantly reduced over time for you.