Riding the wave

[Sh...]

2 days of zero. Here we go again. But I had a 3 day window! I need to find encouragement in this. To all my fellow insomniacs I feel u. This is hard. Think I’ll also be couch surfing today. Ugh

Hopefully the sandman will come knocking on our doors again soon.  :'(

Sorry to learn of your continued sleep woes. 

Unfortunately it seems to be 1 step forward 2 steps back for sleep returning?

Please hold onto the fact that you had a 3 day window.  If you had that, you will have it again and eventually they'll last longer than 3 days!

I know this is super hard to do, but maybe go to bed tonight with the idea that you're not going to get any sleep.  Don't expect any sleep.  Just rest your body.

Give insomnia the middle finger.  It won't fix your sleep right away, but it could give you a sense of "power" over your insomnia.  You're in charge, not the insomnia.

Who knows, maybe you'll nod off for a bit?  I know when I truly stopped caring if I slept or not (very difficult), sleep slowly came back. 

The harder I tried to sleep, the worse it was.  You can't make yourself sleep.  No one can short of taking an Rx drug or something OTC.  You'll get all the sleep you need until your body gives you

"real" sleep.

Hang in there....

Hi the way x it’s so hard. I keep telling myself it’s just a wave. Then that voice tells me I’m never going to get better. I don’t really try to sleep. I feel really tired on the lounge then I go to bed and just lay there. I know we’ve discussed the cbti thing but at some point did u think I should get up. Sometimes I wonder if I am telling myself that bed is to be awake. Although deep down I know it’s not really that x I’m 7 weeks off zop now

Have you tried sleeping in the lounge shayna? I can't sleep in my bed for some strange reason, but manage to get 6 hours broken sleep on the sofa... Don't ask me why, definitely strange but I'll take it

I did originally but we have cats and kids that are noisy. I think subconsciously it keeps me alert enuf not to fall asleep. Probably if I didn’t have kids I would try. I’d sleep on the ground if I could just get a few hours a night!

I was worried sick that I was associating my bed with being awake too...It's just part of the Benzo lies. 

As you know, your brain always goes to the worst possible thoughts, scenarios and negative outcomes.

As you heal, that all ends...it won't become "permanent."

Everything in WD is TEMPORARY!