Taper help needed -please advise!

[Su...]

I went from 30mg Temazepam to 22.5mg and did well enough with that but made the mistake of going to 15 after only 4 days at the 22.5mg dose. Been taking it for 2 months. Nausea and vomiting have affected me twice now in the evenings. Interdose withdrawal? I’m wondering how to best taper this med. I’m back at 22.5 mg starting last night and hoping I can be stable here for a week. Is there a way to get smaller doses of the med so I can maybe take like 2.5mg before the evening withdrawal symptoms start up?

Yes there is a way to get smaller doses.  You can use liquid titration.  What mg do your pills come in?

Basically you take your pill and put it in a liquid that you want to titrate in.  You can use a few ml of alcohol and water, or do it in milk.  Some people have found creative things to use, but those are the two I know work.  You will need something that can measure mls, like a graduated cylinder. 

The basics are you dissolve a pill into x ml of liquid, and then you can divide your dose up very small.  So if you dissolved a 1mg pill into 100ml of liquid, then you could divide that 1mg into 100 different, easily measurable parts. 

Or you can purchase a jewelers scale to crush and weigh your doses, or ask your Dr to write you a script to take to a compounding pharmacy, see, lots of ways to go about this.  ;)

Thank you! Unfortunately this one is in a capsule. It sounded like dissolving Temazepam isn’t as reliable. I have capsules in 15 mg and 7.5 mg. Thoughts?

You're right, it seems like temezepam is only slightly soluble in water and/or alcohol.  Though you could still try making a liquid solution.  Just be sure to shake it well.  Maybe try dissolving the contents of a small capsule first, and just see how it dissolves in milk or water. 

Another method I have heard of, but have no personal experience with, is to cut by a certain number of beads in your capsule.  I am not sure how easy it would be to see each individual bead, but the idea is that you cut 5 beads out of each capsule as one cut. And then, cut 5 more beads then next time, until eventually you are down to no beads left.  That is if you capsule is filled with beads.  I don't know what the inside of a  temezepam capsule looks like. 

green cup i believe the temazepam is a powder, i use titrating capsules from a compounding pharmacy, is that okay

Oh that is interesting.  Yes, a compounding pharmacy is a big help with tapering, if you can get their help.