Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Expectations

[f7...]

[f7...]
I had so many expectations as to how my timeline of healing would go. By 18 months I should be feeling almost back to normal, or by 20 to 21 months I should be healed. It is now 19.5 months and I am in another wave. I am just disappointed that there is no end in sight. Each milestone for me passes and I feel like I am no better than I was 6 months ago. I am tired.

I sure don't blame you for being disappointed, I would imagine disappointed is putting it mildly, 19.5 months is too long.  What symptoms are you still dealing with?

[f7...]
I am having anger issues directed toward my kids and I am not handling anything well. I have developed sleep issues which I have never had before. So now on top of feelong bad I am not sleeping. Its normal I know, but its hard to develop new symptoms like this.

I'm nearly 22 months off no improvement with mental symptoms you aren't alone. Everyone says we should try be more positive which is true, but hard isn't it when every month you still feel the same. I thought at year , then 18 months and so on would improve. It's hard get out of the negative loop I know.I did go through period of bad sleep month or so ago but did ease hopefully yours will too x

I 100% gave up on ever getting better

And then I finally noticed my symptoms getting less strong

Even the mental symptoms....I can fight those now

Took me awhile though. Went through some huge waves 24-30 months first

I’ve never had 100% windows. So now that I’ve had a few moments of no symptoms, I’m hoping I’m finally on the mend.

35 months.

I never, ever imagined I’d struggle for 3 years. But here I am. Still have cold spots on my skin today but I’ll take it over some of the symptoms I had over the last few years. Went to the ER more times than I’d like to admit. Cannot believe it took this long.

But we heal. Forgive your body and live in autopilot until it’s time to come out and be free

[c6...]

Omg whatttttt the cold spots?!?!?  I thought It was just this weird phenomena that my thighs were getting fatter.

I get Cold spots in my quad region, it’s like tingles but now that you mentioned it totally feel cold.  Soooo weird.

I thought I would Have beeen healed by now too...it just takes a long long long time.

What sort of symptoms did you get from sertraline? I took it for a couple months after stopping the citalopram, gave me dreadful anxiety and made intrusive thoughts 10 times worse.

Omg whatttttt the cold spots?!?!?  I thought It was just this weird phenomena that my thighs were getting fatter.

I get Cold spots in my quad region, it’s like tingles but now that you mentioned it totally feel cold.  Soooo weird.

I thought I would Have beeen healed by now too...it just takes a long long long time.

You get them too!? Feels like ice water sitting on my skin. Jumps around spots. They come and go. I don’t have them today. So weird