I did EEG 9 nov -20 ..UPDATE, got testresults today

[98...]

[98...]

So nervous about what will be found this time bc last time I had abnormal brain waves in the results. During the procedure I started to dissociate and lost time again and memory. Also started to stare and felt really odd. I hope if it is some seizures it was catched this time. My psychatrist says its functional non epileptic seizures I get when I lose time and memory loss. Seizures from frontal or temporal lobe. My neurologist says no...its bws and dissociation/burn out syndrome...not seizures

Will see. Who to believe?! Maybe this will clear everything out 😳

Good luck, SDS  :)

That sounds really heavy and I'm sorry for you that others are unlikely to relate... but glad that it's not so common if that makes sense?

I would say try not to be too affected by what seem like big statements. It's a positive outcome that you had an episode (if that's the right word) during the EEG because that's what needs to be measured to understand what's happening. I hope they identify something tangible that they can address and I hope that in turn leads to some respite for you, although I am sure you won't be holding your breath.

Whatever, I just wanted to lend my support. You're one of the members I remember well and you're in a group where I'd be extra delighted if I saw that you were on the mend. As it is, please keep going because it can get better quickly when things start to go for you.

[98...]

Good luck, SDS  :)

That sounds really heavy and I'm sorry for you that others are unlikely to relate... but glad that it's not so common if that makes sense?

I would say try not to be too affected by what seem like big statements. It's a positive outcome that you had an episode (if that's the right word) during the EEG because that's what needs to be measured to understand what's happening. I hope they identify something tangible that they can address and I hope that in turn leads to some respite for you, although I am sure you won't be holding your breath.

Whatever, I just wanted to lend my support. You're one of the members I remember well and you're in a group where I'd be extra delighted if I saw that you were on the mend. As it is, please keep going because it can get better quickly when things start to go for you.

Thank you for your support. I will return with my test results. Afraud of that it is seizures then I need to take medicines (Tegretol). Really scary...

• 3 weeks later...
[98...]

Today I got my testresults from my last EEG. I did one in january this year and thats was abnormal. Today I saw the new results and it was CLEAR! Nothing wrong at all. I feel so much relief. If only this vibrations could stop....

What the hell cause this electric feeling in my legs and arms/chest? Is it RLS?! It burns hurts needles and pins  :tickedoff:

Today I got my testresults from my last EEG. I did one in january this year and thats was abnormal. Today I saw the new results and it was CLEAR! Nothing wrong at all. I feel so much relief. If only this vibrations could stop....

What the hell cause this electric feeling in my legs and arms/chest? Is it RLS?! It burns hurts needles and pins  :tickedoff:

This is great news and I am so happy for you! It is amazing how we can go from abnormal tests results to back to normal with time. I have been scared senseless by so many tests that end up normal the second time around. These drugs are no joke.

PG

That is fantastic news my friend.

I am very relieved to hear that.

A lot of ppl have the electrical stuff.

Hopefully that will ease eventually.

I wonder if the bright spots on your MRI have gone too?

This calms me that the internal buzzing isn’t seizure activity. Thank you for sharing!! Wohoo!! This is similar to my brain MRI being all clear. This doesn’t cause brain damage! Go us

Aww sundance I'm so very happy for you that it was normal 😊

And yeah...if only we knew what actually causes the electric pins and needles!

When I did an EEG in June, a focus of pronounced irritation was found in my right frontal lobe. Since then, I have not improved at all and I do not think it will ever go away.

Not medical advice, merely information:

Taurine (pseudo-amino acid) has anti-seizure properties. In people with seizure disorders, they have a high concentration of glutamate in their spinal fluid. Taurine lowers glutamate. In strokes, glutamate helps facilitate ischemia and brain damage.Since glutamate is a GABA antagonist, it follows that those with high glutamate would experience higher random neuron activity.

Taurine has numerous benefits including for the heart. There is no printed side effect; however, can lower blood sugar so good to take with food.

Something to consider.