Anyone else still have horrible insomnia after 2+ years?

[oc...]

I need some encouragement that this will end at some point. I started my taper back in 09/18  the insomnia started about three weeks after starting the fast taper. I finshed the taper at the beginning of August 2020 and I am still going thru horrible insomnia.

I was wanting to see if there was anyone going thru this as well but have had this insomnia/WD for this long.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I’ve had ridiculous insomnia the entire time but it’s on another level now.

Lots of people on here that I have read have had issues for a long time. Everyone’s idea of bad insomnia is different tho, I’ve read people on here complain about 5-6 hours a night and I’d give anything for that.

Theway2, siggy, my fan and aloha had very bad insomnia. I’ve bumped a few success stories that had some bad insomnia too have a look in there. Helps me a lot x

Appreciate the reply.

Yeah i understand that everyone insomnia is relative to them. I was just trying to find some people who went thru this length of time and still recovered. When you have insomnia this long there are nights where you wonder if you are gonna make it out.

I have read MTfans and that really helped. Just looking for people who had insomnia 2+ years and have recovered from it.

You said your insomnia is "another level" . does that mean its better or worse. Hope you heal soon!

Thanks

Yeah it’s gotten much worse. If I sleep 3 hours that’s a good night I have 3 zero nights a week atm. I’m still in acute tho. If u go to sleep tracker board I’ll see there are some there still having problems further on. I hope u heal too soon. I certainly have those nights I feel like that too

Yeah it’s gotten much worse. If I sleep 3 hours that’s a good night I have 3 zero nights a week atm. I’m still in acute tho. If u go to sleep tracker board I’ll see there are some there still having problems further on. I hope u heal too soon. I certainly have those nights I feel like that too

i have actually slept for the last three nights. I dont know why i have but it has been nice to sleep some. Im sure that soon the insomnia will be back.

I hope that yours clears up soon.

I kept a diary of my symptoms for a while but I felt too bad to keep up with it. I might start keeping track of everything again.

Have good evening!

Daniel

I need some encouragement that this will end at some point. I started my taper back in 09/18  the insomnia started about three weeks after starting the fast taper. I finshed the taper at the beginning of August 2020 and I am still going thru horrible insomnia.

I was wanting to see if there was anyone going thru this as well but have had this insomnia/WD for this long.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

You've only been completely off for 3 months or so.  My worst insomnia was from the end of month 3 until about month 10. 

Not saying that is what it will be for you too, but you are very early in the healing and recovery timeline.  I had horrible insomnia for about 10 months (70 zero nights and lots of nights with 1 hour or less) then it slowly got better.

I averaged 5-10 hours of sleep per week for months.

I get 6-8 hours of sleep each night now.  Sleep returns, time is the healer...hang in there, it slowly gets better but will most likely be UP and down for sometime.  You might sleep well for a day or 2 or 3 but then go back to zero nights or nights of no perceived sleep.  That's just how it plays out for most when insomnia is their worst or one of their worst symptoms.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

You've only been completely off for 3 months or so.  My worst insomnia was from the end of month 3 until about month 10. 

Not saying that is what it will be for you too, but you are very early in the healing and recovery timeline.  I had horrible insomnia for about 10 months (70 zero nights and lots of nights with 1 hour or less) then it slowly got better.

I averaged 5-10 hours of sleep per week for months.

I get 6-8 hours of sleep each night now.  Sleep returns, time is the healer...hang in there, it slowly gets better but will most likely be UP and down for sometime.  You might sleep well for a day or 2 or 3 but then go back to zero nights or nights of no perceived sleep.  That's just how it plays out for most when insomnia is their worst or one of their worst symptoms.

well thats the thing, I have been off them for 3 months but i have had the insomnia since i started the taper 2.5 years. Hundreds of nights with zero sleep. You would think that being off a large part of the medicine would help with the insomnia some. My sleep is almost as bad as it was 2 years ago. This is hard on your body to go thru this so long.

I am getting constant colds now. every two weeks I have a cold. I dont know if its my immune system ran down by no sleep or something else.

I hope this clears soon.

Sorry you have been suffering for so long, but now the "real" healing will begin.

Some are lucky and heal some during their taper and for others it doesn't matter, they still get hit with symptoms and insomnia.

The weird thing is I never got sick, not one time when I wasn't sleeping much at all.  Various colds and flu went through our house several times and I never caught any of it.

Ashton says insomnia begins to resolve for most between month 6-12.  From my experience and what I have seen on this forum is that it seems like month 18 - 24 is more accurate?

That doesn't mean your sleep is terrible the entire time and then a "switch gets flipped" and then sleep is better.  It slowly gets better but there are still going to be lots of "poor nights" mixed in until it finally evens out. 

I'm over 4 years off and still get a 3-4 hour night every 2 or 3 months but pretty much get 6-8 hours each night.

Hang in there, it will get better.  Time is the healer!

Sorry you have been suffering for so long, but now the "real" healing will begin.

Some are lucky and heal some during their taper and for others it doesn't matter, they still get hit with symptoms and insomnia.

The weird thing is I never got sick, not one time when I wasn't sleeping much at all.  Various colds and flu went through our house several times and I never caught any of it.

Ashton says insomnia begins to resolve for most between month 6-12.  From my experience and what I have seen on this forum is that it seems like month 18 - 24 is more accurate?

That doesn't mean your sleep is terrible the entire time and then a "switch gets flipped" and then sleep is better.  It slowly gets better but there are still going to be lots of "poor nights" mixed in until it finally evens out. 

I'm over 4 years off and still get a 3-4 hour night every 2 or 3 months but pretty much get 6-8 hours each night.

Hang in there, it will get better.  Time is the healer!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate the encouragement, it helps.

I was getting a cold and stuff occassionally when i first started tapering but lately I have been getting quite  a few of them. I just assume its from my immune system being down.

I exercise a lot as well even when im not sleeping and I know that doesnt help. The last 5 or 6 days I have had a little sleep and it has made a world of difference.

Daniel

I’m so glad u have had some better days I really hope they continue for u Daniel. I know how hard it is so does theway. If u ever need support please let me know. Insomnia absolutely sucks and I hope it will piss off for us all real soon  ;)

I’m so glad u have had some better days I really hope they continue for u Daniel. I know how hard it is so does theway. If u ever need support please let me know. Insomnia absolutely sucks and I hope it will piss off for us all real soon  ;)

I really appreciate the offer of support :] thank you. Yeah my sleep has been better the last couple days but I have been feeling just fatigued out.  How are you feeling now? I hope you are feeling better. If you ever need support during your WD you can also message me anytime.

Have a great night :]

Daniel

Thanks Daniel x last night bad but night before good so at least I have some good nights. I’m glad u have had a couple of good nights that’s fantastic  :thumbsup:

I am glad that you had a good night as well  :) sometimes just having a couple good nights gives us hope for more to come.

I have been up all night tonight but its not that bad because i had those nights of sleep this week. Im going to drink some warm milk and just relax.

I hope you rest well and have a good night !! 

Daniel

I hope u manage a couple of hours! I am learning to dig deep after those bad nights. I’m trying to accept them as much as possible because I know they eventually end and I have a better night. But as u know those 3/4 day stretches of little or no sleep really test us. But I know there is buddies on here that go longer than that so I try to remind myself to be greatful for anything I get. Last night I slept some no idea how long I just let it happen x I feel ok so far and that’s really all that matters x sending lots of zzzs ur way. X