Breathing exercises for severe anxiety hel neended!!!!

[le...]

Can anyone recommend any breathing exercises for severe anxiety that's causing me severe intrusive thoughts .  Trying box breathing, something I can maybe do several times day try calm my brain down. Had them for over year. Any other suggestions already do yoga, struggle with meditation type things, any sort supplements seem have adverse effect on me. Please help😥😟😪

Hi Leann  :therethere:

Sorry youre having a tough time, Anxiety is dreadful,  it will get easier with more time

Deep Breathing:  Put one hand on your chest and the other on your stomach. Take a deep breath in and make the hand on your stomach move and the hand on your chest remain still. Takes a bit of practice, but with practice it gets easier.   

Take a deep breath in and hold it for a count of three. Then breathe it out through your mouth and count to five before taking the next deep breath. This prevents you from hyperventilating.  You need to practice this breathing daily for at least ten minutes so that it becomes an automatic response.  Eventually,  it becomes second nature.

I think this breathing gif is good too

Breathe

Magrita :smitten:

Put your hands at your side, on your ribs. When you breathe, you want to make sure your ribs expand the whole way. Then simply inhale for 4 seconds, hold for 7 seconds, exhale for 8 seconds. Then repeat.

It's contained in

and explained a bit better there too. It's nice and simple and I found it helped.

Can anyone recommend any breathing exercises for severe anxiety that's causing me severe intrusive thoughts .  Trying box breathing, something I can maybe do several times day try calm my brain down. Had them for over year. Any other suggestions already do yoga, struggle with meditation type things, any sort supplements seem have adverse effect on me. Please help😥😟😪

Leann,

I just saw this post. I have successfully used breathing and movement exercises to calm my anxiety. I use "Alternate Nostril Breathing" every morning as part of my wellness routine. It's a kundalini breathing technique. Very calming and settling.

I also love doing qigong. This is very slow, easy movement routines accessible for most people, because it takes very little coordination or strength. This has also been extremely helpful. Here is one of the routines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCicH-iz1oU.

I have found great relief using breath work, qigong, mindfulness meditation, and listening to Worship Music.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for all the suggestions trying box breathing at moment. Got really bad sinus so can't do the alternate  nostril tried it in yoga but ended up being not being able to breathe!